tires and wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REALLY IM A KNEW GUY SOME HELP PLEASE I SEE POEPLE PLUGGING HOLES AND ECT BALANCEING ANY HELP WOULD BR GREAT

This video might help. Just plug the holes in the rims with some good tape like gorilla tape etc. Then balance. You may want to make some vent holes in the tires also. That's another video...

went out for trial run with the tires snowy roads is normal that they balloon so much

If you didn't tape the inside of the Tires and or bought them Pre Mounted than yes it is completely normal that they are ballooning. Common problem with pretty much any Tires at high speed without being taped on the inside.

so should I tape them

Probably, Most people use Gorilla Tape. I would suggest going to youtube and watching some videos of people taping their tires to make sure you get the correct way to do it.

I taped these together. Lay the tape out in a straight line upside down. Flip the rubber inside out & roll along. pinch each side flat & I give it about three layers and try to keep it level and always pinch it down flat. then foam - I usually cut some away to compensate for the tape layers.Before I glue I like to fit it in and roll it to catch any weirdness. I don't have a balance machine so I have to use my head - so I roll them. If they go in a straight line - glue em up.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 72
I taped these together. Lay the tape out in a straight line upside down. Flip the rubber inside out & roll along. pinch each side flat & I give it about three layers and try to keep it level and always pinch it down flat. then foam - I usually cut some away to compensate for the tape layers.Before I glue I like to fit it in and roll it to catch any weirdness. I don't have a balance machine so I have to use my head - so I roll them. If they go in a straight line - glue em up.
How did those tires and wheels end up holding up to 4s and 6s?

Another option of going with pre glued tired is to use heavy weight fishing line. I have 65lb line wrapped about 3 times around the tires in 2 sections, then connected with some cable tie ends. The fishing line was used because I could not get the cable into the ends once being cut. Lol. I have ran it a decent amount and so far so good. I have proline trenchers atm. I can't get the close up to upload..

Attachments

• 20161120_134851.jpg
    20161120_134851.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 67

What Wheel/Tire Combo is that?

MT4 G3 Wheels?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back