Tires are severely unbalanced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valrog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Greetings! Got some Pro-line tires for my Typhon 3S and there VERY out of balance. Couldnt put enough balancing clay to counteract. Shook so bad the vehicle was uncontrollable. Is there anything i can do to fix them? I thank you and bid all a good night!

I use 1/4 oz stick-on tire weights and cut with a die grinder for less weight/profile.

I use 1/4 oz stick-on tire weights and cut with a die grinder for less weight/profile.
Ill try it but i still don't think t will be enough
If they’re that bad can you exchange them?
They was bought 2 months before i tried them and always forget to check this a gift. So yea hammered on this one. Sorta of a bummer cause the stock tires didnt last long at all. But there cheap.

For testing, just try stick on some change. RC clay is extremely light per volume.

5 Pennie’s are a 1/4(.25oz)
Nickel is .18 oz
Quarters after 1965 are .2 oz

Did you drive the tires for a few packs first? That’s what it takes to get the foams to settle before balancing them. Double check the balance after another 6 to 10 packs also.

It sucks but I had to use a lot of golf lead tape to balance mine; otherwise they shake the car so much you can't drive it proper or have any fun.

But it made a huge difference; I went from wanting to throw them away to really liking them.

320220018_6172250792786568_5397748959900796837_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back