Talion Tires blowed after very first bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danilr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
It was my very first run and bashing at my new Arrma Talion 2014. They just blowed.

Is it normal, lol? :) Should I buy a couple of dozens in advance?

photo_2019-06-17_15-10-47.jpg
photo_2019-06-17_15-10-51.jpg
photo_2019-06-17_15-10-56.jpg
photo_2019-06-17_15-11-00.jpg
photo_2019-06-17_15-11-12.jpg

I wonder if dboots have changed the compound in their tires this year? There have been a lot of reports of blower tyres across several models over the past 3-4 months

Yep, could be old tires. 2 blown at same time.

It's model 2014, but who knows when it was produced.
Did you have a good look at them before running, and checked to make sure they were completely glued all the way around before you started? Tires come unglued pretty easily, and if you run with even a little section open, the ballooning will pull them off the wheel pretty fast. The bead in the third picture looks pretty intact so I'm guessing they were not completely sealed, and the force just pulled them away until they tore. I always check the inside and outside around the whole bead surface, after each run.

Imo those tires aren’t that great anyway. Get the newer version talion tires on there, they are killer on just about everything. Sorry about your disappointing first run. Even new tires will blow up if you do sustained donuts, try to self right out too many backflips...
Looks like there’s a pair of the tires like you have for $20 on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-1-8-...AOSwFANc3CPw:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!19468!US!-1 if you can’t swing the $50-60 for the newer model https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...374375&hash=item1a7c894772:g:9mQAAOSwEZtc5hEI.
Keep us posted on how you like it, love the look of that truggy.

Last edited:
I destroyed the stock v3 talion tires very quickly.
Also found that their very square profile had a tendency to catch ruts and flip the car in turns.
Now running aka impact medium long life (I think) and they are great.

Did you have a good look at them before running, and checked to make sure they were completely glued all the way around before you started? Tires come unglued pretty easily, and if you run with even a little section open, the ballooning will pull them off the wheel pretty fast. The bead in the third picture looks pretty intact so I'm guessing they were not completely sealed, and the force just pulled them away until they tore. I always check the inside and outside around the whole bead surface, after each run.

Unfortunately, I didn't check: didn't know about such a good practice, thank you!
Imo those tires aren’t that great anyway. Get the newer version talion tires on there, they are killer on just about everything. Sorry about your disappointing first run. Even new tires will blow up if you do sustained donuts, try to self right out too many backflips...
Looks like there’s a pair of the tires like you have for $20 on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-1-8-...AOSwFANc3CPw:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!19468!US!-1 if you can’t swing the $50-60 for the newer model https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...374375&hash=item1a7c894772:g:9mQAAOSwEZtc5hEI.
Keep us posted on how you like it, love the look of that truggy.

I'd like to buy a new more reliable version, but it's pretty hard to find it near me — I live in Thailand, the delivery cost from US is about $45-50 :) I'l continue research, I hope there are some warehouses in Asia.

Unfortunately, I didn't check: didn't know about such a good practice, thank you!

I'd like to buy a new more reliable version, but it's pretty hard to find it near me — I live in Thailand, the delivery cost from US is about $45-50 :) I'l continue research, I hope there are some warehouses in Asia.

That's where many tires are made, and I know China and Vietnam at least have a good RC racing scene. Japan too. Should be easy to source truggy tires even if they aren't Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back