Tires for a Arrma Fury?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up Djinn! I am using the stock 18t spur.

Last edited:
I love the proline badlands tried some on tornment with brushless system I can do wheelies now:) makes soooo much of diffrence than stock tires

So, how's the badlands performing? Been looking at getting a pair. Either them or Duratrax...depending on what I can find here, or online without extortionate shipping.

Well the badlands are well..... Bad to the bone! Grips well in dirt and grips very well in grass. Stuck with the 18t pinion. The motor was hotter than usual, but the esc was the same. Djinn give good advice on keeping up with the heat difference. I recommend the badlands for a most purpose tire. Pro- line.part# 1182-13. Wheel and tire assembled. They come in a zip lock package to keep that fresh new tire smell! Mmmmmmmmmm! Second Cheapest upgrade for me to date! Now, shocks are next.

IMG_20150808_141602_985.jpg

Extra tires and wheels that came with "tellurude" that what I'm calling it because its so mean. I need wheelie bar bad. Put the original tires on short course getting awesome traction with it now

So I ended up getting Louise Pioneer tires (known as DuraTrax Lock-up in the States), as I wanted something in the interim and our LHS was out of stock on Pro-Line Badlands. Put them on last night along with 400sct shock oil, and took it for a spin when I got home from work this evening. Man what a difference this has made! Like a whole new car now.

I got a pair of street fighters mounted to run a little on road action. Ready to try them this weekend. These sct's are so versatile .
image.jpg

Certainly not going to hit 60mph on the dboots or the louise.

Id be interested to know if anyone on this forum has managed to clock their Fury at 100kph / 60mph because I am struggling to with the 17T/54T gearing and 3S - the car won't stay planted long enough.

The offset issue is only a problem for racing in ROAR associated races. The offset makes the car too wide to be legal.
I heard that fury's wheels offset is somewhere AE SC10 wheels offset and Slash 4x4 wheels offset.
Why not use wheels lite DE Racing TRINIDAD +3 mm for AE SC10 ? This Offset is closer to Fury's wheels. Maybe, it's possible to change 12 mm wheels hubs. Standart, they are 4 mm wide and it's not hard to find 6 or 7 mm wide to compensate ? no ?

A feedback about DE Racing TRINIDAD +3 mm for AE SC10. it works nicely. A little narrowed, 4/5 mm in full width. it is an opportunity to mount 6 mm width wheels hubs with locking screw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you recommending the badlands tires, do you mean these?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262170480828

Pro-Line 1182-01 Badlands SC 2.2/3.0 M2 Tires (2) Slash

I am brand new to the forum and RC cars. We are anxiously waiting on delivery of my son's Arrma Fury. We will be doing mostly offroading in a sandy environment - more packed sand, not beach like.

Also, when you mention keeping an eye on the temp, how exactly do you monitor it? What is too hot? How can you control the temp?

I am fairly mechanically inclined, just new to this RC thing. Thank you in advance!

Those of you recommending the badlands tires, do you mean these?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262170480828

Pro-Line 1182-01 Badlands SC 2.2/3.0 M2 Tires (2) Slash

I am brand new to the forum and RC cars. We are anxiously waiting on delivery of my son's Arrma Fury. We will be doing mostly offroading in a sandy environment - more packed sand, not beach like.

Also, when you mention keeping an eye on the temp, how exactly do you monitor it? What is too hot? How can you control the temp?

I am fairly mechanically inclined, just new to this RC thing. Thank you in advance!

I use an infrared temp gun to watch the temps. On brushed motors I know about 140-150F is about as hot as you'll want to get. Heat sinks and fans help, so does pinion and spur gear changes also. What surface you run on is a big factor on temp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back