Tires for geared up Kraton 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
Yeah the stock tires just can't take the 17t pinion on my K6S with stock electronics. I really like the extra speed, but TBH I thought it was fine with stock gearing. I think that I'm going to try 15t and take it from there. If I get belted tires, the cheapest I could find where the powerhobby ones for $120. Just to go a little faster? I don't think it's worth it. That's almost as much as 1/5 tires! And the proline belted ones are even MORE expensive expensive. Too bad Duratrax doesn't make 17mm belted tires. I can only find 22mm and 14mm MT tires. I love the belted lockups on my Xmaxx trucks. Thoughts? Does Duratrax make a 17mm belted MT tire?

I'm running 20T on Backflip LP's with no issues at all...?
You could also look at Sweep Terrain/Road crushers.

I'm running 20T on Backflip LP's with no issues at all...?
You could also look at Sweep Terrain/Road crushers.
I tried the stock backflips from my Outcast 6s and they alse were shredded. And yes they were belted and taped. Backflips lp? The ones from the 6s outcast? Thanks. Them sweep terrains are a lot of $ too. Might as well get the all terrain 17mm belted tires from powerhobby.

LP's are the ones from the 4s Outcast..!! and much cheaper..?
Yeah they are cheaper but out of stock everywhere. ?
It's might be you are diffing out, either throttle control or thicker diff fluids can help that.
Yeah I might go 1 million on the center diff then. Currently it's at 500k. I think the front diff at 50k and rear one at 30k is fine.

Yeah they are cheaper but out of stock everywhere. ?

Yeah I might go 1 million on the center diff then. Currently it's at 500k. I think the front diff at 50k and rear one at 30k is fine.
That's what I thought,1 million to thick,got hot quick.so put close to 1 million in front.still ballooning, but not hot. Run 6s hard an stuff wears out faster.
I need to find away to keep front end down.

That's what I thought,1 million to thick,got hot quick.so put close to 1 million in front.still ballooning, but not hot. Run 6s hard an stuff wears out faster.
I need to find away to keep front end down.
Honestly this shredding of the stock tires has only happened once I went from stock gearing to the 17t pinion. I'm probably going to go with the 15t pinion and take it from there. I really don't want to spend more than $100 on belted tires just to go faster. 50mph stock is good enough for me TBH.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back