Tires for kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those trenchers are massive, old post but how would you rate these today? Thinking for my k8s exb set up xlx2/1100kv 30/39.
They are great for double and triple backflips since they balloon a lot. The rims and tires themselves seem to be very durable. Since they weigh so much, they might have something to do with one of my RPM arms breaking in the rear. Not 100% sure. But you never have to worry about them getting unglued with all that power since they are bead locks. Would I buy them again? Yes. There are a couple of more options from proline now for the big trucks, so check them out too.

They are great for double and triple backflips since they balloon a lot. The rims and tires themselves seem to be very durable. Since they weigh so much, they might have something to do with one of my RPM arms breaking in the rear. Not 100% sure. But you never have to worry about them getting unglued with all that power since they are bead locks. Would I buy them again? Yes. There are a couple of more options from proline now for the big trucks, so check them out too.
Sweet, I've got the masher Xs on it now, theyre holding up great. Can't get the stock ones to stay glued consistently. But I run gravel, hard pack dirt, pavement and grass, and the mashers are not so great in the grass, and miss the bite of the CH2 big blocks. So was debating their pro lock tires for no hassle, trencher/badlands. But maybe for the Mx57 badlands that are glued to. But I kinda like the idea of not having to constantly check the tires every run.

backflips or masher x from proline for belted tires is what i have experence with. mashers suck in the grass no traction. i have wanted to try the lockups from duratrax also one day.
The Duratrax are very good for the price. They do like to become unglued with my crazy gearing and giant motors. I've managed to crack two rims at around the two year mark (I mostly run on grass and dirt, but not much else). One of them was hitting a curb at full speed with my X-Maxx, so I think that's not the tires fault. The second cracked rim might be its partner and I probably never noticed it. Traction is great. $100 for a set is very affordable compared to the competition. Would I buy them again? Most likely yes. Just the regluing thing is annoying.

I wish there was a lighter beadlock, or more beadlock options in general. Glueing tires sucks. I’d like to try a set of 1/5 trenchers but after shredding a set of trenchers and badlands on my 6s Maxx, I really have a tough time laying out the money for pro line tires/wheels. The new options coming from Method and Jetko are exciting to see, but being unglued (method) and unproven it’s tough to justify the price.

I wish there was a lighter beadlock, or more beadlock options in general. Glueing tires sucks. I’d like to try a set of 1/5 trenchers but after shredding a set of trenchers and badlands on my 6s Maxx, I really have a tough time laying out the money for pro line tires/wheels. The new options coming from Method and Jetko are exciting to see, but being unglued (method) and unproven it’s tough to justify the price.
I've ran my 1/5 trenchers for like at least 5 battery packs and they seem like a very durable tire. They do balloon like crazy, but so far so good. I've yet to hear someone tear up a trencher this size. And if you do, you just buy another tire and re use the rim. But yeah, they are very heavy. I still manage to get 58MPH on grass with my EXB K8S XLX2 and 1100kv motor 30/39 gearing.

Dunno if it matters but the method tires I bought for my mojave are awesome and they were easy to glue. Was my first time and they're still glued even with me running 8s with tp motor. I'm probably going to try them for the kraton 8s the next time I need some tires. Sadly I bought the masher x and haven't even used them yet.

Proline masher X HP's all day long. Light and belted....some say they are hard to find but they are out there. Yea they are about $200, but I spent that on 2 sets of duratrax wheels. I've gone thru 2 sets of durtrax wheels (Lockups and Sixpacks)....absolute garbage imo....blew out both sets in a matter of 6 runs. Unglued, and once that happens, I feel they aren't the same. I don't mind maintenance on my car but having to check and re-glue tires to wheels is a drag especially mid run...I'd rather spend my time on other things, but to each his own.. Otherwise I'd roll the Backflips. Copperhead 2s are alright also, but if you want something reliable, the Masher Xs are worth the $$. These 8s rigs are expensive. Parts go along with it. The way I look at it is is that say, if you owned a McLaren 720s or any super car and you want new wheels and tires. You aren't going to buy the tire rack $1000 enkei wheel and I’m
I’m sick bro ! Brand new tires brand new build and first run on 8s ..first real run period and my masher litterally exploded ! Looks like it was cut with a razor ! I can’t find the post now but I just recently commented on a new post ..post wasn’t more than a month old some guy same issue ! Just split the wide open ! Same rig a k8 same motor kv and both have max5 s so crazy coincidence or a bad batch? I just got in the replacement set but if it happens again what daaamn tire do I try! ? I thought I had the best on there ….
nankang tire combo for it. No you go HRE with Michelin Sport Cup 2s.

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

I’m sick bro ! Brand new tires brand new build and first run on 8s ..first real run period and my masher litterally exploded ! Looks like it was cut with a razor ! I can’t find the post now but I just recently commented on a new post ..post wasn’t more than a month old some guy same issue ! Just split the wide open ! Same rig a k8 same motor kv and both have max5 s so crazy coincidence or a bad batch? I just got in the replacement set but if it happens again what daaamn tire do I try! ? I thought I had the best on there ….

View attachment 306187

View attachment 306188
proline mx 43 probably the most durable tire you can get tbh. I'm so curious how you managed to do that to your mashers though. You hardly ever hear people complain about something like that happening to a proline tire. That's what I expect from duratrax. I would love to know where you were driving when that happened. Was it on road? I'd assume you ran over some sharp ass rocks or something but who knows.

I'd not stress about it if I were you though. What happen to you and the other guy definitely not the norm. poop happens sometimes! and everyone get hit with a bit of bad luck at some point. I own a lot of 1/5th scale proline tires. 2 sets of mx43, 2 sets of mashers, 1 set of trenchers and I just recently got a set of the menace on road tires as well.

Never had a bad experience and they are the only brand I trust on my big rigs with upgraded electronics. If you don't want to take any chances though I 100% suggest you get the mx43's.

proline mx 43 probably the most durable tire you can get tbh. I'm so curious how you managed to do that to your mashers though. You hardly ever hear people complain about something like that happening to a proline tire. That's what I expect from duratrax. I would love to know where you were driving when that happened. Was it on road? I'd assume you ran over some sharp ass rocks or something but who knows.

I'd not stress about it if I were you though. What happen to you and the other guy definitely not the norm. poop happens sometimes! and everyone get hit with a bit of bad luck at some point. I own a lot of 1/5th scale proline tires. 2 sets of mx43, 2 sets of mashers, 1 set of trenchers and I just recently got a set of the menace on road tires as well.

Never had a bad experience and they are the only brand I trust on my big rigs with upgraded electronics. If you don't want to take any chances though I 100% suggest you get the mx43's.
Thanx for the info brother and I was running on grass a clean baseball field/soccer field I don’t get it either ! Imax5 on 8s 960kv hobbystar motor (new max5 sensored 12s 800kv combo paid for on back order goin in soon as it shows up!) !locked center diff 32 tooth pinion f I happen to blow another one wich I don’t see happening since I already ordered new set of 2 mashers to replace the1 bad masher😡 I’m def going mx4 thanx for the info brother

Thanx for the info brother and I was running on grass a clean baseball field/soccer field I don’t get it either ! Imax5 on 8s 960kv hobbystar motor (new max5 sensored 12s 800kv combo paid for on back order goin in soon as it shows up!) !locked center diff 32 tooth pinion f I happen to blow another one wich I don’t see happening since I already ordered new set of 2 mashers to replace the1 bad masher😡 I’m def going mx4 thanx for the info brother
There is no other tire more durable than the Pro-Line Mx 43 for these crazy 10hp plus vehicles indeed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back