Talion Tires for talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Are there any other tires besides the kataras and backflip LPs. The new belted kataras (don't know if it's spelled right) shake so bad they have come unglued in spots. So was looking for different kind. And would you vent belted tires?

I would not vent factory vented tires. They usually consider if it needs to vented. You end up damaging the belts IMHO.
There are a host of tires you can go with. Not just Dboots. Many other brands. Just jump in an buy any name brand set of shoes. Just consider diameter and wheel off-set. To fit on you Talion.

I think the backflip LP’s are just about perfect. What don’t you like about them?
cheers,
kev

I have a set of Trencher 3.8 LP’s that I was running on my Maxx. I’m going to try them on my Talion today.

I just started running Proline badlands 3.8 on my Talion EXB an holy crap they are insane, I immediately swapped the Katars out with a set of 4S Backflips I had. They were good but I feel with the Talion being light I wanted to keep the weight down anyway possible and with the badlands being lighter it was a no brainer for me. If it helps I never drive my cars on the street as my father in law and I built a track in his backyard so it’s a mix of loose and hard packed jumps/dirt.

I just started running Proline badlands 3.8 on my Talion EXB an holy crap they are insane, I immediately swapped the Katars out with a set of 4S Backflips I had. They were good but I feel with the Talion being light I wanted to keep the weight down anyway possible and with the badlands being lighter it was a no brainer for me. If it helps I never drive my cars on the street as my father in law and I built a track in his backyard so it’s a mix of loose and hard packed jumps/dirt.
Do you like the badlands or backflips for the Talion better? How do they change the driving?

Do you like the badlands or backflips for the Talion better? How do they change the driving?
I like the badlands better at the moment but when my Castle 1717 combo I will definitely run the 4S backflips. I drove the katars for about 10 minutes and changed them, they didnt have the grip I was looking for and would spin my Talion out all the time. Then I put the Backflips on which made a huge difference, they didnt wash out, the grip is insane I could pin it around corners and they would catch everything but they are a little heavier than the badlands. As for the badlands in my opinion they are like a mix between the katars and backflips, light, decent grip but ballon like crazy! I do have to be more mindful driving them compared to the backflips.

I like the badlands better at the moment but when my Castle 1717 combo I will definitely run the 4S backflips. I drove the katars for about 10 minutes and changed them, they didnt have the grip I was looking for and would spin my Talion out all the time. Then I put the Backflips on which made a huge difference, they didnt wash out, the grip is insane I could pin it around corners and they would catch everything but they are a little heavier than the badlands. As for the badlands in my opinion they are like a mix between the katars and backflips, light, decent grip but ballon like crazy! I do have to be more mindful driving them compared to the backflips.
Sounds like what I’m looking for good feedback. Which badlands are you running the Mx38? Belted or no?

Belted 3.8’s are huge and clunky. They were a bit too much for me on my k6. Just felt heavy and stuff. Here’s a pic of belted 3.8’s next to 6s and 4s backflips. I run the 4s backflips on my beefcake talion.

6FE5A0E3-E4D3-42E3-94FC-060E94BE8863.jpeg

Yep. Those look good also. I’m thinking of those also.
Do you have any pics?

I’m going to try the Trencher 3.8 LPs I have laying around. Similar in size to those badlands.

I’m looking for a bit more of a bashing tire than the Katars. I drive on some rougher terrain with a mix of loose dirt, hard packed sand, gravel.
Belted 3.8’s are huge and clunky. They were a bit too much for me on my k6. Just felt heavy and stuff. Here’s a pic of belted 3.8’s next to 6s and 4s backflips. I run the 4s backflips on my beefcake talion.

View attachment 167802
I can see that. The 4s size looks right, bit more of a basher tire compared to the karat, but the others look to big and heavy for a Talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back