tires in the oven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
quick question does putting tires in the oven make the oven smell i want to know if it will smell before i put them in the oven also what is the most optimal way to do so (i want to belt the inside of my tires)

Heat oven to 350F, turn it OFF and place your tires in. Leave them for ~ 5-10min.
No or very minimal smell.

If glue doesn't break, go to 375F but again turn it off before placing the tires in.

I've always wondered this myself.

Does it affect the taste of the food at all? I mean obviously I'm not going to be cooking food at the same time, I meant if I cooked something in it like later that same day or the next day.

I use acetone and it works great. Takes a couple days but wheels and tires come out clean.

I’ve baked multiple sets of tires in the oven and never had an issue. When you go to take them out, they stink but usually I go right outside and peel the tires off and the smell goes away within a few minutes in the house

Never had issues but I only do it when the better half is out shopping. No aftertaste, no impact but the magic is that the oven is turned off and you let it 'ride'. Cookiesheet with alu foil and all is good. Also a good idea to check your oven with a temp gun, the convection ovens are typically 25F lower than advertised and that doesn't help in this case.
Direct heat (gas or electric) will damage anything plastic, rubber and stink up the house but I haven't tried that myself.

Never had issues but I only do it when the better half is out shopping. No aftertaste, no impact but the magic is that the oven is turned off and you let it 'ride'. Cookiesheet with alu foil and all is good. Also a good idea to check your oven with a temp gun, the convection ovens are typically 25F lower than advertised and that doesn't help in this case.
Direct heat (gas or electric) will damage anything plastic, rubber and stink up the house but I haven't tried that myself.
Don’t forget the oven mitts!
damon wayans jr handshake GIF

Yes, those puppies are hot.
By all means, if it's a new tire type and you never tied it just use one tire and stay with it. Minimizes any negative impact

Wish I could remember what I set my oven too... but I didn't turn it on/off, I just turned it on to a specific temp, let them bake for 15-20 minutes, tried popping them off, if they didn't, put them in another 15-20. I put the tires on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil, you don't want the heating element to hit the tires directly, found that out the hard way by having a tire hanging off. Made the house smell for a few hours (apartment living), but no lasting issues with the oven.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back