Tires on arrma kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.N.MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anybody ran the stock tires on front and the backflips on the back. I was thinking of doing that just wondering if anybody else has done it and is it any good or not.

Unless you run a 2wd then don't do that.. your going to spin the diffs at a different speed and they will break when that happens.
Why? I kinda get the centre diff but the front and rears i’m Guessing would only break if the left and right tyres were different dimensions. Are you talking about the centre difference? Certainly wouldn’t on a real vehicle unless the differences were extreme maybe?

Why? I kinda get the centre diff but the front and rears i’m Guessing would only break if the left and right tyres were different dimensions. Are you talking about the centre difference? Certainly wouldn’t on a real vehicle unless the differences were extreme maybe?

Its a math problem, Say your rear diff can put out 400Rpm, It can do it even split between left and right or It can do a combo 300 left 100 right, that's how diffs work, But the front and rear must match RPM's in total, left or right don't matter but if you push the rear 300rpm and the front 400rpm with 2 solid axels leading into a center diff that's going to see 2 different speeds its going to shatter.

Center diff can't travel at 300 and 400RPM at the same time its one or the other but you have 2 different rpms fighting to take control and kaboom.

I'm sure theres a better way of explain it as Im trying to pull the explantion that was given to me a while back from memory.. If my internet wuld stop being a pos i'll try and find a better example, But without changing gear ratios inside the diff to compensate then there going to spin at different speeds.

Its even worse with a 3s no center diff just a slipper clutch that long center axel can't spin 2 different speeds you'll break not only the diffs but the axel as well.

Speaking of tires, are there any good non ballooning tires for the Kraton? Can I go a tad bit smaller?

Speaking of tires, are there any good non ballooning tires for the Kraton? Can I go a tad bit smaller?

Search out 17m Hex tires 3.8" You could go 2.8" if you really wanted to. or even 2.2 SCT. Theres plenty of options to choose from :D Proline makes some good stuff and there warranty is TOP NOTCH! So if ya bust a tire/s they will replace it free! :D

The only non ballooning tyres I’m aware of that would be a good size for the Kraton are Terrain Crushers and Road Crushers. Neither are suited to jumping as they don’t offer much (any) cushioning when landing.

You could do the fishing line trick to stop other tyres from ballooning, I’ve seen plenty people have success with that.

I’ve seen people using gorilla tape/locktite glue inside the tires

I’ve seen people using gorilla tape/locktite glue inside the tires

That's all good If the tires are not already glued on the rim, But if they are that requires you to first UN-GLUE them.. Then tape them.. Then glue them back up.. Seems a lot of work, and most tires come pre-glued so.. I'd go fishing line first.

I blew a tire that came with the kraton. I want to put backflips on it but I only had the money for 2 so what you're saying is I messed up and it won't work.

I blew a tire that came with the kraton. I want to put backflips on it but I only had the money for 2 so what you're saying is I messed up and it won't work.

Buy 2 more and it will work just fine, But no currently i wouldn't do it you'll just bind/stress the drivetrain to the point of breaking and you'll be in far more deep poop then you are now.

Save the 2 tires and when u can afford 2 more get 2 more :D

Sorry to be the bear of poop news but that's just the way it is.

A lot of people replace the stock Kraton tyres (Minokawa ?) straight away so you might get lucky and find one or two going cheap. That’ll keep you going until you can get another pair of backflips.

Only reason I did it is because that's how I did my stampede years ago. I put Pro-Line Badlands on the back first and then put them on the front later there was no problem.

You could stick a wanted post in the classifieds here, hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

Its a math problem, Say your rear diff can put out 400Rpm, It can do it even split between left and right or It can do a combo 300 left 100 right, that's how diffs work, But the front and rear must match RPM's in total, left or right don't matter but if you push the rear 300rpm and the front 400rpm with 2 solid axels leading into a center diff that's going to see 2 different speeds its going to shatter.

Center diff can't travel at 300 and 400RPM at the same time its one or the other but you have 2 different rpms fighting to take control and kaboom.

I'm sure theres a better way of explain it as Im trying to pull the explantion that was given to me a while back from memory.. If my internet wuld stop being a pos i'll try and find a better example, But without changing gear ratios inside the diff to compensate then there going to spin at different speeds.

Its even worse with a 3s no center diff just a slipper clutch that long center axel can't spin 2 different speeds you'll break not only the diffs but the axel as well.

A center diff allows the front tires and the rear tires to spin at different speeds, no? Isn't that what happens when the center diff unloads to the front? I have wheelied and the fronts are spinning faster than the rears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back