Tires on arrma kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the comments. I got a good deal on a pair of backflips and I'm about to order another. I was about to go out bashing, made a couple runs in the yard and one of the tires that came on my kraton ripped so before I just threw the backflips on the back I wanted to be sure it was okay or not. Thanks for the help

Minokawas are 165mm. Backflips are 172mm. I know someone here runs different tires on the same truck. Maybe @WTF MIKE ?
Your right bickety I run the minokawas in the back of my outcast just to help prevent wheelies. I haven’t driven it enough to cause any damage to my centre diff.

High traction surfaces would strain the center diff.
Low traction surfaces not so much. I've had no diff problems running Proline Badlands in front, Slingshots (paddle tires) in the rear of my Talion at the beach (100k center diff fluid). I'd never run this combo on anything other than sand.

I never run on pavement. I only have a self-made track with big jumps mostly dirt and a little short grass. I had a blowout on one of the tires and bought a pair of backflips thinking it would be okay to put them on the back so I can ride a wheelie easier. I thought because they are all 3.8 rims and basically 6in. There would be no problem but I am being told that I will tear my Center diff up if I do this. I don't plan on doing this forever eventually I want backflips on all four but since I still have 2 good minokawa tires I thought I would still get some use out of them.

I never run on pavement. I only have a self-made track with big jumps mostly dirt and a little short grass. I had a blowout on one of the tires and bought a pair of backflips thinking it would be okay to put them on the back so I can ride a wheelie easier. I thought because they are all 3.8 rims and basically 6in. There would be no problem but I am being told that I will tear my Center diff up if I do this. I don't plan on doing this forever eventually I want backflips on all four but since I still have 2 good minokawa tires I thought I would still get some use out of them.

You can get a complete center diff cheap these days. I say go for it. How much harder would it be on the diff than running on a circular track? Not much.

I’ve seen people using gorilla tape/locktite glue inside the tires
I like using lines because its an easy fix that only takes a few mins to fix on sight.
Speaking of tires, are there any good non ballooning tires for the Kraton? Can I go a tad bit smaller?
SRC Terrain crushers are nice but they ride stiff and makes you feel every pump no matter how soft your shocks are like a cheap Kia car with a stiff suspension doing 80mph off road, thats what these tires feels like to me but on road they are nice or flat smooth dirt and grass.

I ended up buying me Proline 40 series trenchers and my opinion, they look the best because they are narrow but taller then all the others and it looks the best but no comment on traction because tho's are the only two tires i own other then the stock. Also got braided line with them and its easy to do.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back