Tires on backwards produce less wheelies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calabiyau

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton: I had been putting my stock tires on whichever way they went on easiest, which turns out they were on backwards with the V tread pattern facing backwards instead of forwards.
I purposely put them on correctly this past weekend and when running on 6s was doing wheelies constantly. The way I had them on previously I rarely got wheelies.
Am I dreaming this or could the reverse tread pattern really change the wheelie action that much on stock tires?

Kraton: I had been putting my stock tires on whichever way they went on easiest, which turns out they were on backwards with the V tread pattern facing backwards instead of forwards.
I purposely put them on correctly this past weekend and when running on 6s was doing wheelies constantly. The way I had them on previously I rarely got wheelies.
Am I dreaming this or could the reverse tread pattern really change the wheelie action that much on stock tires?
they are designed for the most grip putting them on the correct way, the reverse its a bit less grippy, also reverse tires tend to reduce hydroplaning with some tires.

What a darned good idea. I do wish I had thought of that.

I should say I only run on grass or dirt so it may not change anything on cement. I’m going to reverse them this weekend and test it again to make sure I didn’t dream this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back