Tires won't come off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersingular

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hi everybody.

I've been trying really hard to pull off the wheels from my Fazon, and all I've got is to get one of the four out. It's almost impossible. I'm losing my patience at this point. Would you please help me out with Any tip?

Hi everybody.

I've been trying really hard to pull off the wheels from my Fazon, and all I've got is to get one of the four out. It's almost impossible. I'm losing my patience at this point. Would you please help me out with Any tip?

...yep..been there...go ahead and order a set of hubs and wheel nuts ..I'm telling you. ..by the time you get that nut off. ..all the threads on that hex hub will be gone...had 2 of mine do that...loctite and cross threading during assembly ....so be ready for it...if you don't have to take it off now then don't until you get the parts...up to you...it's coming...get a new wheel also...in case you wreck the hex...I did that also...

had to jamb a screw driver in the u joint and put a cheater bar on the hex....freaking thing was fused into one piece...took a long while...so...thats it...get new hubs...and break the old ones off...heating did not help...

Last edited:
Maybe you had fixed the nuts too hard? Then check the holes into the rims if there tit on the hex adapter with a little space.
I had a similar point with my Big Rock an I putted a washer between rim and nut but also I used Loctite blue to prevent loosening the nut.
Since I had do so, I had no problems to remove any rim from the car.
I had do also with all of my 1:10 cars.

If You can't loosening the rims by giggling, u need a 3-arm puller like they use them in a car workshop but a little smaller.
But take care that you do not damage the thread, course it is just aluminium.

Regards,
lonee

Maybe you had fixed the nuts too hard? Then check the holes into the rims if there tit on the hex adapter with a little space.
I had a similar point with my Big Rock an I putted a washer between rim and nut but also I used Loctite blue to prevent loosening the nut.
Since I had do so, I had no problems to remove any rim from the car.
I had do also with all of my 1:10 cars.

If You can't loosening the rims by giggling, u need a 3-arm puller like they use them in a car workshop but a little smaller.
But take care that you do not damage the thread, course it is just aluminium.

Regards,
lonee

on my vehicle...the hex was cross threaded during assembly...I was thinking that's what he was facing...but yeah...what you mentioned is also possible ....

OK, this method worked for me on another car. Put the truck on the ground and place the wheel between you knees so the the axle/hub is facing up at a 45 degree angle. Take a hammer and hit the hub a few times. This should loosen it up. You can put a softer material on the hub to prevent damage such as a piece of wood.

OK, this method worked for me on another car. Put the truck on the ground and place the wheel between you knees so the the axle/hub is facing up at a 45 degree angle. Take a hammer and hit the hub a few times. This should loosen it up. You can put a softer material on the hub to prevent damage such as a piece of wood.

guess you could also put the other wheels back on...charge up and have a quick bash session. ..that wheel should come off at some point...ha ha...

Mine came right off. I was taping the vent holes last night to prepare for a snow bash.

I had also no issue with the rims, but i was looking after this thread.
On my rims nothing happens because of the washers I putted in when I removed the rims the first time.
I used V2A washers which did not getting rusty. But my screws are getting rusty!
I do not like to change them to V2A because this material is a little weaker than steel...
Any suggestions except painting? ;)

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back