SOLD / FOUND Titanium 6S Motor Mount Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I only tighten to the point where a flat side of the hex is facing the cover the stock cover will just fit, it touches but it will work. The aluminum cover is another story, though very close. Just that bit of tapper at the top should be enough to fit. If not, THEN I'll clearance the cover.
View attachment 287585View attachment 287586View attachment 287590View attachment 287591

I think you might have the same issue with the rounded version screw too 🤕

So there may be a bit of modding needed.. unless you run a bigger pinion or bigger spool

If I only tighten to the point where a flat side of the hex is facing the cover the stock cover will just fit, it touches but it will work. The aluminum cover is another story, though very close. Just that bit of tapper at the top should be enough to fit. If not, THEN I'll clearance the cover.
View attachment 287585View attachment 287586View attachment 287590View attachment 287591
Look at this and you will see the issue. See that gap and how it isn't sitting flush? My guess is the slot for the bolts is a bit narrower than norm? Maybe file the slot a bit bigger. Here's an easy way I use all the time:a drill and chainsaw file. Works like a charm.
Screenshot_20230324_120606_Chrome.jpg
20230324_121024.jpg

+1
I do the same when using small pinions.(y)

I think you might have the same issue with the rounded version screw too 🤕

So there may be a bit of modding needed.. unless you run a bigger pinion or bigger spool

Got the new Spherical screws installed. Aluminum cover Might still need a touch of clearancing on some models, less that the socket head but still a touch, Stock cover was fine. No pics though, I forgot to snap a few pics before I changed the spur gear out to a 52, no clearance issue with the 52. Where I run i can hardly hit top speed anyway so i decided to go with a touch larger spur. Overall Totally satisfied with these screws and Highly recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back