SOLD / FOUND Titanium 6S Motor Mount Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$10/pair and $5 shipping

So these finally came in and they’re gorgeous!

I literally just stripped my screw on the 4S Limitless build. Spherical shaped head and conical shaped.. no performance difference between the two.

While I don’t loctite my screws on the plate, if you do use threadlocker it’s recommended you use a activator when using two non-reactive metals such as titanium and aluminum.

They are M4x18mm with 3.0hex
View attachment 253714
View attachment 253713
View attachment 253711View attachment 253712
Where can I order these? Sorry if I missed the link... read through the thread and didn't see it. Would love a few sets!

Where can I order these? Sorry if I missed the link... read through the thread and didn't see it. Would love a few sets!

You just need to PM @RedondoBeachRC and let him know how many and where to send.
He'll give you the Total w/shipping.

Wait what?! You make your own titanium screws?!
Appreciate It Got Your Back GIF by MLB

Wait what?! You make your own titanium screws?!
Appreciate It Got Your Back GIF by MLB

No.. I wish I could. The shop that make my springs also CNCs titanium. So I send her the specs and she makes them.

They look like this initially lol
EB42A0C7-BA7E-4A81-BB25-31FA22D448BB.jpeg
457EE083-5F02-407A-8FD1-F96338BED937.jpeg

I also got ultra stiff titanium springs for the Hobao VTE2 too

View attachment 284175
This is very interesting. How are they, tension wise?
Out of curiosity, would your source be interested in doing titanium screw set's?
I spent the last 3 weeks looking for titanium screws that I don't have to wait 2 months for(China). Finding them here and there but the real issue has been quantity and price. Take Acer Racing for example: I need 43- M3x12 flats and they want $11.99US for 4 and no bulk options or flat rates. That's only 1 diameter, head style, and length of many l I need. I don't mind spending but I will be damned if I pay more for screws than electronics....

This is very interesting. How are they, tension wise?
Out of curiosity, would your source be interested in doing titanium screw set's?
I spent the last 3 weeks looking for titanium screws that I don't have to wait 2 months for(China). Finding them here and there but the real issue has been quantity and price. Take Acer Racing for example: I need 43- M3x12 flats and they want $11.99US for 4 and no bulk options or flat rates. That's only 1 diameter, head style, and length of many l I need. I don't mind spending but I will be damned if I pay more for screws than electronics....

Yes, I thought about doing an entire set in titanium but I don’t know the market for it.

It’s very much possible.

PM me the details of that screw and I could probably get it in on my next order.

Yes, I thought about doing an entire set in titanium but I don’t know the market for it.

It’s very much possible.

PM me the details of that screw and I could probably get it in on my next order.
Will do when I get home. Have a list already compiled.
Thanks!

Speaking of titanium screws I use your M4 x 18mm Spherical Titanium screws on the X-Maxx motor mount. They don't always work depending on the pinion I put on the motor, as the sliding back and forth adjust the mesh and the large screw heads don't allow the motor to slide enough. I would definitely be interested in titanium screw set as well.

1678752604156.png

Last edited:
Just ordered a set of motor mount screws from RedondoBeachRC.
I would be interested in a full set of Titanium screws for my Fireteam. I'm not happy with the stock insta-rust screws. Let me know if you decide to do full sets.

Perhaps not Every single screw needs to be converted to Ti , just the major ones ,such as
1. Front & Rear Diff Casing screws to the chassis
2. Center Diff frames to the chassis
3. Front & Rear chassis Braces
4. Tower to Tower Center Brace

Start with those..
What do you think?

Perhaps not Every single screw needs to be converted to Ti , just the major ones ,such as
1. Front & Rear Diff Casing screws to the chassis
2. Center Diff frames to the chassis
3. Front & Rear chassis Braces
4. Tower to Tower Center Brace

Start with those..
What do you think?
Post in thread 'Titanium screws' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/titanium-screws.60959/post-909830

The worst part is all the scratches and scuffs to otherwise perfect condition Hot Racing parts. I'm talking about where conventional screw extraction just wasn't feasible. Yet someone doing kits CAN make money. I was considering it. Titanium can be had FAR cheaper if bought in bulk. The list I sent @RedondoBeachRC covered every exposed screw subject to rust, with my own tweaks(lengths and thread size). But the real bonus? Titanium screws make something so simple, such as the 1/8 Senton's side rails look awesome. I like the "flat shine" as opposed to stainless steels "bright shine"
20230320_023325.jpg
. Those are some of the samples from a drone company I've been buying to check out. They seem decent. $18 for 20 on Amazon. Pricey, yes. But not as bad as most sellers.
20230320_023543.jpg

HEADS UP
I got my set of Hex head screws. When I installed them, I ran into a clearance issue with the center diff cover on my Fireteam with stock gearing. Totally happy with the screws and I thought about clearance-ing the cover with a bit of grinding, but I'm going to order a set of the spherical head and have a couple extra screws instead.

UPDATE: I installed the Spherical head screws, and they did work with the stock cover. Aftermarket aluminum cover may still need a touch of clearing on some models.

Last edited:
HEADS UP
I got my set of Hex head screws. When I installed them, I ran into a clearance issue with the center diff cover on my Fireteam with stock gearing. Totally happy with the screws and I thought about clearance-ing the cover with a bit of grinding, but I'm going to order a set of the spherical head and have a couple extra screws instead.

The spherical ones will also have that issue as they have the same base.

I cancel that order and refund if you want?

If I only tighten to the point where a flat side of the hex is facing the cover the stock cover will just fit, it touches but it will work. The aluminum cover is another story, though very close. Just that bit of tapper at the top should be enough to fit. If not, THEN I'll clearance the cover.
20230323_152657.jpg
20230323_152622.jpg
20230323_151554.jpg
20230323_151634.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back