Notorious Titanium drive shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at buying myself a set of titanium centre drive shafts as mine are nearly at their limit . Can anyone review the wear on them ? Are they worth twice the price !
Dude, I just got a set from Scorched in the U.K. for my K6s can't even use them as the dia. Is way to big, the rear will hit the chassis brace & the front hits the servo mount. I accually thought about sending them back to the guy but he's in the UK and I'm in the states, just be to much of a hassle. So I might as well wiped my a#$ with $80 bucks.
Oh, and there heavier than the stock steel shafts aswell. Just to sweeten the deal!

Dude, I just got a set from Scorched in the U.K. for my K6s can't even use them as the dia. Is way to big, the rear will hit the chassis brace & the front hits the servo mount. I accually thought about sending them back to the guy but he's in the UK and I'm in the states, just be to much of a hassle. So I might as well wiped my a#$ with $80 bucks.
Oh, and there heavier than the stock steel shafts aswell. Just to sweeten the deal!
Hmm same place I was looking . It does say you may need to modify to install I was hoping maybe just dermal out a couple bits here and there . Might give it a miss then . Cheers for the reply !

Hmm same place I was looking . It does say you may need to modify to install I was hoping maybe just dermal out a couple bits here and there . Might give it a miss then . Cheers for the reply
Hmm same place I was looking . It does say you may need to modify to install I was hoping maybe just dermal out a couple bits here and there . Might give it a miss then . Cheers for the reply !
I deffinetly could make them work but I'm not really in to hacking up my truck for some aftermarket parts. Cheers mate

Looking at buying myself a set of titanium centre drive shafts as mine are nearly at their limit . Can anyone review the wear on them ? Are they worth twice the price !
They will chew up your drive cups instead of just wearing out some pins. ??‍♂️

It does state that those bits might need adjustments to fit. I had to on my Mojave build both front gka brace and rear needed it and the servo mount, the reason they are bigger is to stop the issues with the stock at higher speeds. Not really needed on a basher imo

It does state that those bits might need adjustments to fit. I had to on my Mojave build both front gka brace and rear needed it and the servo mount, the reason they are bigger is to stop the issues with the stock at higher speeds. Not really needed on a basher imo
Well they shouldn't sell them for the Kraton then.

Why would that be? Steel is harder than Ti

it really depends on the metallurgy, if titanium is alloyed with vanadium it becomes significantly stronger than pretty much any steel.. so without the breakdown it's hard to say if its stronger or weaker..

Well they shouldn't sell them for the Kraton then.
Maybe you should research stuff a bit more it's obvious that a drive shaft almost twice the size isn't going to fit without some modifications. What a stupid thing to say that they shouldn't sell them. Without people like David at scorched we wouldn't have the choice of upgrades we do. No please in some people a pal ?

Maybe you should research stuff a bit more it's obvious that a drive shaft almost twice the size isn't going to fit without some modifications. What a stupid thing to say that they shouldn't sell them. Without people like David at scorched we wouldn't have the choice of upgrades we do. No please in some people a pal ?
No poop pal. I knew what I was buying, I'm not into cutting up my truck for some junk parts. If u don't like what I got to say y don't U take a hike. What makes u so great. Mr know it all. It's ideots like u that turn ideots like me away from forums like this. GFYS

it really depends on the metallurgy, if titanium is alloyed with vanadium it becomes significantly stronger than pretty much any steel.. so without the breakdown it's hard to say if its stronger or weaker..

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.. All I was commenting on was the fact that Ti is weaker than steel. You want to start adding in vulcanized diamond chips with added conducer carbine and kryptonite slivers then we have a different party..

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.. All I was commenting on was the fact that Ti is weaker than steel. You want to start adding in vulcanized diamond chips with added conducer carbine and kryptonite slivers then we have a different party..

And I was simply commenting that the metallurgy is unknown.. so it's hard to say what will or will not happen..

I sure hope your aunt doesn't have balls...????

No poop pal. I knew what I was buying, I'm not into cutting up my truck for some junk parts. If u don't like what I got to say y don't U take a hike. What makes u so great. Mr know it all. It's ideots like u that turn ideots like me away from forums like this. GFYS
Your the idiot sunshine and your attitude stinks. I've tried to help you and all you can do is moan like a little kid, get a life USB

With a screen name like THC your the idiot??‍♂️??‍♂️

I’ve got these on mine and just did a little grinding with the ole dremel! Really not bad at all and they are STOUT‼️

Wow you just saved my day bc I would of been mad af if I would of ordered these crazy part is I was just about to order and I was like let me red one more page on how good ppl say they are and bam I see this life saver.i knew they looked to damn fat I thought maybe it's the pics I'm so glad I seen this sorry about u man but u just saved about of ppl with this post I might just order gpm now or better yet keep what I got.an old wise soul once told me if it's not broke don't try to fix it.know the older I get the more and more it's starting to make all the since in the world..Thanks brother your a hero for sure

Wow you just saved my day bc I would of been mad af if I would of ordered these crazy part is I was just about to order and I was like let me red one more page on how good ppl say they are and bam I see this life saver.i knew they looked to damn fat I thought maybe it's the pics I'm so glad I seen this sorry about u man but u just saved about of ppl with this post I might just order gpm now or better yet keep what I got.an old wise soul once told me if it's not broke don't try to fix it.know the older I get the more and more it's starting to make all the since in the world..Thanks brother your a hero for sure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back