Notorious Titanium drive shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you just saved my day bc I would of been mad af if I would of ordered these crazy part is I was just about to order and I was like let me red one more page on how good ppl say they are and bam I see this life saver.i knew they looked to damn fat I thought maybe it's the pics I'm so glad I seen this sorry about u man but u just saved about of ppl with this post I might just order gpm now or better yet keep what I got.an old wise soul once told me if it's not broke don't try to fix it.know the older I get the more and more it's starting to make all the since in the world..Thanks brother your a hero for sure
If you’re thinking that GPM center shafts will be better than Scorched titanium shafts you’re mistaken. And to fit the Scorched shafts you need only relieve the center brace a couple of millimeters. Do you have a Dremel/rotary tool? Takes about 27 seconds. Sometimes you need to modify things a little here and there to progress in this hobby.
Well this thread went south in a hurry! ?
Yes. Yes it did. I have a theory that occasionally (on the interweb) one can stumble into a sort of vortex that sucks all reason and courtesy out of the air and replaces it with anger and really weird trains of thought. This might be one. I’m getting the hell out of here, man.

Last edited:
I used these scorched shafts in my rig. Fit was a little tight. Pins wore out kind of fast.

Dug up this thread and was wondering if there is any more feedback or threads on these Ti driveshafts. Are they mostly for speed machines?
The pins on the Scorched titanium shafts are hardened steel, just like the Arrma ones. The dipstick that replied earlier in this thread ( @THC ) and said they were heavier, didn’t fit, and wore out his drive cups faster was full of dookie.💩
The Scorched shafts are great, but honestly I wouldn’t fit them to an off-road rig, I keep the stock shafts on those because there’s really nothing wrong with them in the first place.
I run the Ti shafts on my road cars and speed runners because they’re lighter and very true. Little to no vibration at very high RPM’s.
And if you decide to upgrade to any fatter diameter shafts, you may indeed need to relieve the center braces to clearance them a bit. Apparently that really freaks some people out…

Thanks Dan,

That's the input I was after. Much appreciated. I ordered a set of their bulkheads for my Mojave, and was a little interested in the drive shafts, but I couldn't sort out a reason for my use.

s

Thanks Dan,

That's the input I was after. Much appreciated. I ordered a set of their bulkheads for my Mojave, and was a little interested in the drive shafts, but I couldn't sort out a reason for my use.

s
No problem. You’ve actually been a wealth of information for me after I got my Mojave. In fact, I think I’ll be going back to your wheel/tire guide very soon.

Many thanks Dan. We are out doing a bit more testing in our excellent conditions, but I will wait for actual timed laps until I get the new Scorched bulkheads installed.

Mojave is driving like it's on rails for this condition, so we are anxious to start documenting lap times. I will also have one of my design guys do a course schematic with measurements so people can see the layout and replicate if they choose. All you will need is a large grass field, some orange cones, and a way to measure distance up to 80 yards.

s

Dug up this thread and was wondering if there is any more feedback or threads on these Ti driveshafts. Are they mostly for speed machines?
Not just speed runners. But hardcore speed guys approaching 200+ mph, with high HP setups. The latest with the Fatter PP and Scorched ones is that they remove the Fr and Rr braces altogether. For straight speed run passes only. Using a solid strong T2T only. An advantage with a potential trade off. Govern yourself accordingly. Most don't need or want these $$$ Ti shafts.
Unfortunately with Ti metal, they need to be oversized to maintain the equivalent torsional ability of the steel variants. I have a set of Scorched Ti on my Lim. Nothing to write home about, for their price. Had to remove so much from my HR Rear brace. As it would rub under load. And only doing barley triple digits. :rolleyes: Yet on the bench it would easily clear the rear brace. Just not under high speed loads.
Removing the F/R braces is a thing with the speed record holders. But if you hit something, you folded/twisted the chassis in a heartbeat. The risk you take when going for the Gold.

Edited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back