Typhon TLR first runšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car did seem a bit slow on the top end, and it didn't sound like the motor was reving like it should. Did you calibrate the ESC endpoints? I have forgotten that a few times, always makes me feel dumb... LOL

The 4074 2050 motor is plenty of motor for track usage. Anyone that says it is too small for 4s running on a track has never raced before. I run the same motor in my Typhon, same gearing, on 4s, and will still dial the throttle EPA back to about 75%, and still have more power than I need. In-fact, most racers will be using small, slower motors - 4068 1900kv for buggies, and say that 4074 is only needed for bigger turggies.

The biggest issue I see is your tires. Loose dust over hard pack makes traction hard (my local track is like this), but something like a Impact or Cityblock or Blockades can work. If you end up in the deep fluff a lot, look at Badlands or Lockups.
Might sound like a strange question, but does it seem faster in reverse than it does goin forward?
Yes, check this. If yes, then reverse two of the three motor leads, and flip the throttle channel to reverse on your radio.

The car did seem a bit slow on the top end, and it didn't sound like the motor was reving like it should. Did you calibrate the ESC endpoints? I have forgotten that a few times, always makes me feel dumb... LOL

The 4074 2050 motor is plenty of motor for track usage. Anyone that says it is too small for 4s running on a track has never raced before. I run the same motor in my Typhon, same gearing, on 4s, and will still dial the throttle EPA back to about 75%, and still have more power than I need. In-fact, most racers will be using small, slower motors - 4068 1900kv for buggies, and say that 4074 is only needed for bigger turggies.

The biggest issue I see is your tires. Loose dust over hard pack makes traction hard (my local track is like this), but something like a Impact or Cityblock or Blockades can work. If you end up in the deep fluff a lot, look at Badlands or Lockups.

Yes, check this. If yes, then reverse two of the three motor leads, and flip the throttle channel to reverse on your radio.
For sure man I'll go back and do the end points. And I thought it would rip on 4s to. But I going to go look at tires today. Thanks for the info

Definitely check the diffs . Earl Morehead on YouTube did and the were barely half full. This will help.

So I did a test the TRL and typhon v5 both have same kv motor same amp ESC same pinion gear.

TRL on 4s
Screenshot_20211015-121221.png

TLR on 6s
Screenshot_20211015-121232.png

Typhon v5 on 4s
Screenshot_20211015-121227.png

Typhon v5 on 6s
Screenshot_20211015-133149.png

The v5 is all m2c out so u think it be heavier and slower. So just wanted to compare the two.

Is the radio set to 100% if it has that option?

Just to get you another data point, I stuck the GPS on my TLRT which is running a 1900kV 4268 Hobbywing motor. ESC is on blinky mode with zero timing. Used a 4S pack on storage charge (3.8V). My gearing is 17/46 and I'm getting 38 MPH just ripping down my street (not the smoothest concrete):

TLRT_Speed.jpg

DX5c I went through the remote didn't see the option and I've never had to do anything with it with any other rig

It's under the Travel menu - make sure THR is set to 100L/100H

Tlr have same diff ratio as typhon?
I not sure but I think so. I hav
Just to get you another data point, I stuck the GPS on my TLRT which is running a 1900kV 4268 Hobbywing motor. ESC is on blinky mode with zero timing. Used a 4S pack on storage charge (3.8V). My gearing is 17/46 and I'm getting 38 MPH just ripping down my street (not the smoothest concrete):

View attachment 174283

It's under the Travel menu - make sure THR is set to 100L/100H
Yup it's set rightšŸ‘Š

Try swapping any 2 motor wires and reverse the throttle setting in your ESC and see if you gain the proper speed. If that doesn't change anything then put the ESC setting back to where it was and reverse the throttle setting on your transmitter to see if that helps.

Yes mine where same way I replaced with 30/60/15
I have a typhon 6s v5 that I use for the track in my town. I put a lot of time in researching what they run for shock oil and diff weight. In my opinion thatā€™s way to thick. You can use the tekno setup sheet they have on there website. It shows what pro are running at different tracks nothing that thick. https://www.teknorc.com/setup-sheets/

I have a typhon 6s v5 that I use for the track in my town. I put a lot of time in researching what they run for shock oil and diff weight. In my opinion thatā€™s way to thick. You can use the tekno setup sheet they have on there website. It shows what pro are running at different tracks nothing that thick. https://www.teknorc.com/setup-sheets/
Sweet thanks man. Sure that set up sheet will helpšŸ‘Š

Another thing to check if you are running an AVC receiver with the dx5c, is when you first bind the receiver, you must do a full initialisation of the receiver, full throttle forward, reverse, steering left, and right. Then you must recalibrate the throttle endpoints on the esc. If you are binding the receiver again make sure your endpoints and travel are set to 100 percent as the receiver won't later go up to 100 percent if you bound it at a lower percentage. This is even though the radio shows you that it is on 100 it will be limited to what you set when you bound it. It isn't very clear in the manual, but it is mostly all there for reference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back