Typhon TLR ONLY broken Shock Standoff on Typhon TLR (M2c on TLR??)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
ive broken my front shock standoff in here, in germany NO ONE has got this thing. (they are also built in the exb but they don't have got adjustable shock towers as the tlr had...)
someone here broke too in his tlr typhon and has built in some other ? maybe from the losi 8-eight?
or the m2c ? but.. if you drill for the m2c you cant adjust anymore on the tlr shock tower?
let me know...

20220419_151048.jpg

I think any of the 6S shock standoff's will actually work, I have both at home I can measure or test fit to compare. I think without having a good drill press you would have a hard time drilling each hole bigger without ruining some of the holes.

Last edited:
hopefully this version will fit :D because the ball head version is not fitting.

but i think it will.
thank for the part numbers man!
i feel very depressed about the spare parts supply..
the car came on the market six months ago and there are no spare parts available..
i bought him 1 month ago....

hopefully this version will fit :D because the ball head version is not fitting.

but i think it will.
thank for the part numbers man!
i feel very depressed about the spare parts supply..
the car came on the market six months ago and there are no spare parts available..
i bought him 1 month ago....
If it makes you feel any better even in the US we have to get a lot of our parts from chop shops, the parts are slowly trickling in to Horizon Hobby. We have parts that show an ETA of August, the damn car was released in September of 2021 that is nearly a year to get parts in stock...................

If it makes you feel any better even in the US we have to get a lot of our parts from chop shops, the parts are slowly trickling in to Horizon Hobby. We have parts that show an ETA of August, the damn car was released in September of 2021 that is nearly a year to get parts in stock...................
I think there wouldnt come new parts... its so sad :( i really like my TLR but its nothing getting worse than getting no spare parts for a 'brand new car'

Snapchat-889661490.jpg

FINALLY she is back in the game :cool:

now installed with the ftr 10 ch. reciever that just arrived today with the spare parts *-*
cant get her out of range lol <3
the shock shaft just fits like the original!!
im so glad

20220423_213016.jpg

20220423_213029.jpg

20220423_213617.jpg

20220423_214236.jpg

20220423_214236.jpg

Last edited:
Why not get them from Ebay? I broke like 5 of these. These EXB stand offs are a great idea, poor execution and/or material. I always get 4 at a time, because I broke one just by overtightening a little. Also I am not 100% but Jennys RC is doing International shipping I believe.

I have a typhon tlr that my tires keep blowing apart! Its insanely fast and i like it but, its very aggrevating and expensive buying new sets of tires and wheels for this thing. Anyone have suggestion on some really tough tire and wheel sets for this tlr?? This thing eats tires for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have the spektrum firma 160a esc with the 2050 spektrum motor.
16595012370473002978842881338862.jpg

I have a typhon tlr that my tires keep blowing apart! Its insanely fast and i like it but, its very aggrevating and expensive buying new sets of tires and wheels for this thing. Anyone have suggestion on some really tough tire and wheel sets for this tlr?? This thing eats tires for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have the spektrum firma 160a esc with the 2050 spektrum motor.View attachment 233651
U running 6s? Cuz ANY typhon on 6s is gonna shred tires...quickly. Totally dependent upon what surface you're running on as to what tires will work best for you, I think. & those look like the 3s stockers? Maybe not like the "belted" Katars?

Exb standoffs are garbage. I posted this in another thread but I've found the best thing to do is buy the the dirt cheap rtr ones and drill & tap them out to accept an m4 pin. Makes them almost bulletproof. 👍

I have a typhon tlr that my tires keep blowing apart! Its insanely fast and i like it but, its very aggrevating and expensive buying new sets of tires and wheels for this thing. Anyone have suggestion on some really tough tire and wheel sets for this tlr?? This thing eats tires for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have the spektrum firma 160a esc with the 2050 spektrum motor.View attachment 233651
Many people, myself included, use proline badlands. Never had any issues with them blowing apart. The only thing is, that sometimes the glue will give up and you have to reglue them (not the whole tire, but just small spots here and there).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back