Typhon Tlr shocks on typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beastmode1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I was wondering if y’all might know if the black tlr typhon shocks would fit on the typhon 3s. The 6s shocks are out of stock on Jenny’s all the time and I like the black anodized aluminum better. Thanks.

Just put some v5 6s shocks on my 3s. I added preload on all four comers and it handles great imo. Use axial bushings for the top shock mounts💪Works perfect🍀

Last edited:
Not really as they are about 5mm longer and will make your handling fairly bad. You can use nitro tubing and shorten them up but you will have less stroke length.

Fronts are in stock and are normally hard to find :
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-assembled-dampers-springs-4mm-hd-ara7604v2
TLR shocks are slightly longer than standard Typhon 6s shocks, but the Mojave shocks you suggested are even LONGER.

Typhon 3s front shocks 100mm
Typhon 6s front shocks 104mm
TLR front shocks 106.5mm (shock shafts are 2.5mm longer than a standard Typhon)
Mojave front shocks 108 mm

All these options will work. But yes, the longer you go will affect handling. Shorter shocks are more stable, rollover less. I use Tekno shocks, 7mm longer. They don't make handling bad, but there is increased rollover. But longer shocks also absorb bumps better. I traded a bit of handling for more cushion to land jumps.

Last edited:
I’m loving my 6s shocks on my 3s . All I did was add some preload to all four corners. The oil is the factory viscosity. Buggy jumps great and doesn’t flip over as easy as my sold v5 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back