Typhon tlr tuned typhon for track and racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basherqueen parts installed today and not a huge weight difference as i was expected!!

View attachment 232537

View attachment 232538

only 10 grams less....

but the quality and looks of these carbon parts from basherqueen is amazing!!

View attachment 232539

now the ride is officially under the 3900 grams of weight!!

View attachment 232540

3895 grams fully loaded!!

i want to change front / rear and center driveshafts next and see where weight stays after that!!

if someone know what driveshafts are direct fit to tlr tuned hubs please tell me!!

greetings
Careful with the steering block pedals. I had a different brand carbon fibre part and it was actually heavier than the aluminum ones that came stock. For me the towers made a bigger difference to the weight, front and rear were over an ounce but that wasn't Typhon.

i don´t want to change towers for now!!

i lke alot stock ones and they seem very sturdy!!

driveshafts are massive and is in that area that i want to save weight!!

and more lighter transmissions more agile is the rotation of the car because the rotation mass of the cvd´s!

I love TLR Tuned Typhoon ALOT.

The others are too Light Weight for my Taste.

I believe this rig will Love the new Max8 G2 160a 2250kv Sensored combo. I will have this combo soon.
Now i run the old NO Sensor max8 combo 2200kv

The new combo have alot tuning in new G2 Max8 ESC. You can fine tune this new ESC like a pro. There is alot Parameters and settings

Support the 32-degree turbo timing setting. When used with the matching motor (such as EZRUN 4278SD), the maximum rpm can be increased by about 25%, easily win your rival

BEC is also up to 8.4 now / 10a

Wonder if any one have 4 wheels digital weight this with the new G2 MAX8 160a 2250kv Combo,
Weight the balance on Weight Corner System
Like this:

SkyRC-RC-Car-Corner-Weight-Balancing-Scale-System-Setup-Kit-part-for-1-8-1-10.jpg

What weight Lipo is Best / best balanced in this rig? With the new MAX8 G2 combo or something similiar to weight

today i change the small spheres on front and rear swaybars!

stock ones come with plastic spheres and they are junk.... they break or get loose pretty fast making the car loose swaybar efficiency!!

IMG_20220731_115215[1].jpg

stock on left and new spheres on right!

IMG_20220731_115849[1].jpg

rear ones in place!!

IMG_20220731_115215[1].jpg

IMG_20220731_115849[1].jpg

Nice job there. :cool:
Sure it could be lighter no doubt. But I find my TLRT very well balanced running CNHL Race packs. 5600mah 4s. 4s is best for this rig and at Sanctioned tracks only 4s is allowed. Is this a basher rig?
How much does it weigh with the Lipo? Always measure weight with the Lipo in place, body on.. Full running weight for best comparison to other rigs.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/srcs-tlrt-typhon-build.47651/
How much run time are you getting from those packs?? I was looking at the Zeee premium 4s batteries of the same capacity. I normally run Zeee 7200mah and get great run times.

How much run time are you getting from those packs?? I was looking at the Zeee premium 4s batteries of the same capacity. I normally run Zeee 7200mah and get great run times.
i get from 10 to 13 minutes on large outdoor tracks.

i have my hobbywing cutting at 3.2 volts for cell and so far no problems. my motor is an 110 amps motor so not ask for more power or amps that the lipos can delivery and for me this is the biggest thing you have to consider when buy low discharge lipos!!

i usually finish on top five , so i run the hell i can on my cars!!

greetings and thanks

new change today!!

i found that kyosho mp9 or mp10 rear hub fit perfect on the rear with kyosho cvds!!

IMG_20220807_213445.jpg

IMG_20220807_213453.jpg

same geometry and only have to drill kyosho hubs and collars to 4 mm pin to fit tlr tuned arms!!

much more rear grip amd with weight lost of 14 grams of weight on both.

IMG_20220807_213402.jpg

IMG_20220807_213416.jpg

if i go to plastic ones weight saving will be bigger!

greetings

today was race day!!

IMG_20220814_101341.jpg

IMG_20220814_101333.jpg

IMG_20220814_101329.jpg

IMG_20220814_101326.jpg

the car handle amazing and performs real good!!

only complaint is that buggy is a eating tires machine!!

IMG_20220814_150422.jpg

each two packs a change wheels and tires!!

track was abrasive and very hot but this thing kills tires like hell!!

Nice build thread, do you have the part number for the new metal spheres ?
Thanks for the tip 👍

Last edited:
today was race day!!

today i change the small spheres on front and rear swaybars!

stock ones come with plastic spheres and they are junk.... they break or get loose pretty fast making the car loose swaybar efficiency!!

View attachment 233101

stock on left and new spheres on right!

rear ones in place!!

Thanks for the tip 👍
Thanks for the tip 👍

this car with less 200 grams will be a dream machine!!

driveshafts are massive and is in that area that i want to save weight!!
So you were looking for a build thread where someone found a stock lightweight CVD's and how to reduce more than 250g of weight on the TTLR?

This might be a good place to look at:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/track-typhon.33903/

The cvd's you can get here:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/team-durango-driveshaft-set-94mm-front-or-rear--397526

So you were looking for a build thread where someone found a stock lightweight CVD's and how to reduce more than 250g of weight on the TTLR?

This might be a good place to look at:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/track-typhon.33903/

The cvd's you can get here:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/team-durango-driveshaft-set-94mm-front-or-rear--397526
really enjoy your thread!! the sliding motor mount is a big weight reduction and i will looking for one cheap!!
i use kyosho cvds with hubs on rear because i have alot free in stock and is a direct fit if you use kyosho hubs and gives more caster to rear!
i don´t buy durango ones because they are expensive for the difference they make in weight.

2 days and i will post a big change

Do you use any of the TLR/ esc features to make this car more race worthy?? Thanks :)

Back