Typhon TLR Tuned Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubDev

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Have a TLR Tuned Typhon with a Tekin RX8 gen 3 esc and 2250kv motor Reefs 422HDv2 servo.
I just picked it up in may and probably ran it 5 times. What do you guys think it’s worth now?

C526618E-4760-4C43-A371-E4B2F1F426D8.jpeg

Would I get more selling all the stuff separately? This R/C stuff is still all new to me
Sounds right
and not related, your servo is mounted wrong, the spline should be mounted closer to the center of the car, not outside
Yeah, that was the only way I could get the servo in with that servo horn without it rubbing. Was going to order a different one but it worked

Would I get more selling all the stuff separately? This R/C stuff is still all new to me
Maybe. RCs get beat on super hard so they don't hold their value too well. Used cars often come with hidden issues that can be expensive or frustrating. My starting point for used RCs is 50% of retail. A little more or less based on condition.

Something that might hurt the sale is that it’s kind of an unusual combo. The TLR Typhon is a basher, not a racer. But the Tekin combo is a high quality racing system. Racers won’t be interested in the typhon, and bashers won’t be interested in the Tekin.

Like @Yonic stated, the Servo was Incorrectly installed Backwards. What's up with that? A Faux Pas.:rolleyes:
Better correct this First, IF/before showing this for sale.:rolleyes:(y)Doesn't look well built otherwise.(n) Easy fix.
$400. It is used. All without any Arrma or Tekin Warranty. A new TLRT roller alone can be had for $369, if you shop it. Find a guy who wants to Race at a track. It may get more $$?? IDK. If you want to flip it for $$$.
I have a TLRT. It's NOT trully a basher rig. The pill mounts make it quite fragile to breakage with any hits or big air.
She looks like a keeper nonetheless. Tekin stuff is high end.

Last edited:
Like @Yonic stated, the Servo was Incorrectly installed Backwards. What's up with that? A Faux Pas.:rolleyes:
Better correct this First, IF/before showing this for sale.:rolleyes:(y)Doesn't look well built otherwise.(n) Easy fix.
$400. It is used. All without any Arrma or Tekin Warranty. A new TLRT roller alone can be had for $369, if you shop it. Find a guy who wants to Race at a track. It may get more $$?? IDK. If you want to flip it for $$$.
I have a TLRT. It's NOT trully a basher rig. The pill mounts make it quite fragile to breakage with any hits or big air.
She looks like a keeper nonetheless. Tekin stuff is high end.
Makes sense. It performed well on the track and I really like the car but my brother picked up an AE buggy so I was planning on swapping my electronics over and selling this roller. Definitely a flub on my part not fixing the servo orientation.

That is what I’ve done a few times in the past. I’d basically be selling a roller with a servo and rx/tx. Then list the motor/esc separately.

Usually the person asking to buy it would be new and ask if it’s ready to run….we all got to start somewhere I reckon. But then I’d offer the motor/esc in the deal.

Sometimes it pays off but you’d have to be willing to hold out for someone that knows what they’re looking at and is willing to do their own research to get it up and running.
I agree with making sure that is correct because it’s noticeable. And something that noticeable makes one wonder what can’t I see. Not saying you did anything wrong either btw. Just a general statement.

I’ve debated picking up a TLR for street bashing with occasional track runs. Keeping the normal Typhon 6s I have for off road bashing. 🤔

Totally get the servo horn mistake. I bought the buggy the day of the race and threw it together right before, didn't have the opportunity to buy a new servo horn any where so I just ran it like I could.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back