Typhon TLR typhon mid diff wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update. I got a new spur cog from the vendor. Comparing to the one I got from the beginning it also is not completely flat. So I'm thinking all the spur cogs are not completely flat. Another concern is the plastic piece that settles from the top and push down on the 2 bearings on the center diff, they have 2 screws that screw into metal and 2 screws that screw into plastic. The 2 screws going into plastic where threaded out from the beginning. I've seen that this is a common problem. Maybe they use machines in the factory and that's why they are stripped. So when you tighten the plastic piece that is meant to secure the center diff, it doesn't secure like it should. However the wiggle room for the center diff is still minimal. Just to be safe I ordered an aluminum brace to replace the plastic one. I'm linking a new video with the new spur cog installed. Still there is a little wobble. Do you think this is acceptable? The next step would otherwise to get a whole new center diff. Spur cog, cup and internals, everything... What do you guys think? Anyone who has compared to their center diff? Does it wobble like mine?

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Hampus

There is a lip on the center diff cover that must go over the posts on both sides of the mount, sometimes you have to pinch the mounts together in order for the cover to seat properly, once seated, there should be no movement of the center diff … stripping of the plastic diff mount is a fairly easy thing to do and I replace mine with PPS pieces when I get the chance but just be sure to make sure the cover is properly seated.

You could try to order a replacement diff from one of the European kit breakers. There are a few in the UK. Then you can continue bashing while you wait on warranty. I am surprised your spur cog came warped from the factory, I can't see where that could happen during manufacture unless it was loaded into a fixture wrong.
If the outdrive hole wasn't machined properly, runnout is possible. Also, a bad outdrive shaft will cause this. Or even from extreme slop between both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back