Typhon TLR typhon squeaks when turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent179

Reaction score
TLR typhon is really noisy when on the gas and turning left or right. It also seems to be draining batteries very fast. I've drove this thing only 6 or 7 batteries always on a track. Anyone have any suggestions,

Can you give some more details about your setup since it’s a roller? Motor, ESC, gearing, batteries etc? Kind of hard for us to diagnose without any setup info

The typhon is a bit noisier then a fullmrace e-buggy, due to the all metal, all dogbone driveline. Still, you may check the pinion mesh, too tight will add noise and reduce battery life.

If the steering is squeaky, check the pillow balls, make sure they are not too tight.

Jerry

My Outcast gets a little squeaky from time to time. It's usually dirt caught in the pillow balls or the steering Ackerman plate.

All my 6s does after a while needs to use some kind of dry lubrican on the cvd inside the cups and near on the hubs. don't get any on the surroudnings of the bearings or its going to break up the dirt and fill it inside Your bearings. Also going to make awful crunch noise when the bearing spins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back