Typhon TLRT Maiden Run Finally. Have a question on 1 or 2 ESC Battery Connections

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Start with the question first, thx

I am using my Firma 150A ESC from my Infraction v1 (replaced the BLX185 yr ago with 150A). I bought 4S batteries and plan to run it that way. I could, maybe do 6S, not really sure but this leads to my question. I did not remove the two EC5 connections from the Firma 150A. I capped one and use the other to a single 4S battery. Does it matter which of the two EC5 connections I use? Does using one as a single connection have any advantage over the other on how they are soldered together or one EC5 end is longer and other is shorter in wire run? It may or may not just wanted to ask...I do not want to remove it for a single EC5 connection until after some time and I am positive I will or will not run 6S.

---
The maiden run was fun. Here in Memphis we have had snow and temps 17-32deg and this was the first day for 58deg day. Tue will be back below freezing under 32deg for the rest of the week, damn! My TLRT is only for bashing no racing or sending it. Was able to get to the golf course since it was closed today. This is NOT by bashing area I do not do grass...but the fairway was dry after all the rain/snow and low like carpet...so good for testing. Running:

Firma 150A
2050kv motor
19T pinion
Fans: 40mm aluminum on both motor/ESC
Diffs: 20/20/10k
ProModeler DS630 servo
SR6100 AVC rx
Tire: Badlands MX M2

The TLR is amazing on 4S. Cannot wait to get it on the dirt track which is where I bash. I should have used the stock tires on this run vs PL...not a bad thing but the PL MX tires just bit so much on the low grass the traction was high. I am thinking I would have gotten more slip which I would have wanted on the stock tires on the golf course. At 58deg, the motor temp was at 105-109deg and the ESC never got over 100deg...like 88-92. Very happy with that on 19T will see what the summer brings if ever I change the pinion 20 or higher. When I did hit the dirt on the sides of the fairway or loose sand the AVC allowed perfect fishtail and aligned it back up out of skids, sweet! I will need to tweak the DX5C 3-AVC settings more for dirt when I get to the track. On the ChinaHobby 4S 5600mah 120C single battery, the full bash outside of periodic temp checks I got well over 15+ min of runtime.

1643069789259.png
1643069862031.png
1643069961367.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 6.19.57 PM.png

Awesome! I took my TLR out today too. Always forget how nice it feels after driving the kraton/talion. Typhon has a special place in my heart lol. Those tires look nice on your tlr in that pic too!

No, it doesn’t matter. I always take off the second connector as I always run 4s or a single 6s on my Arrmas. No sense in keeping all that extra cabling and connectors around.

Looks nice! How do you like the ProModeler servo? I know I’m spoiled and can’t go back to the generic servos.

No, it doesn’t matter. I always take off the second connector as I always run 4s or a single 6s on my Arrmas. No sense in keeping all that extra cabling and connectors around.

Looks nice! How do you like the ProModeler servo? I know I’m spoiled and can’t go back to the generic servos.
Thanks, @jkflow and Engineer... I thought so but wanted to ask.

Be honest with you for the TLR this servo is overkill for this rig. John at ProModeler was so helpful and CS was great with all my questions for ones needed for the K6S and Infraction just added one more since I was still building the TLR. He is like Ted (JRC) good person and just like to support the small guy vs Savox, ProTek, and the others for me.

Answer your question about the ProModeler it is a solid and good servo. Really got a chance to see it would firsthand today when I ran the Kraton at the golf course. I could have gone with their DS505... model for $89 which was my first pick so really did not need the DS630... Quiet, smooth, strong, fast, solid! When it came was packed nice he added a nice ballcap with their logo, facemask with their logo, and candy and nice biz card note...looks like standard packaging...

Thx

Thanks, @jkflow and Engineer... I thought so but wanted to ask.

Be honest with you for the TLR this servo is overkill for this rig. John at ProModeler was so helpful and CS was great with all my questions for ones needed for the K6S and Infraction just added one more since I was still building the TLR. He is like Ted (JRC) good person and just like to support the small guy vs Savox, ProTek, and the others for me.

Answer your question about the ProModeler it is a solid and good servo. Really got a chance to see it would firsthand today when I ran the Kraton at the golf course. I could have gone with their DS505... model for $89 which was my first pick so really did not need the DS630... Quiet, smooth, strong, fast, solid! When it came was packed nice he added a nice ballcap with their logo, facemask with their logo, and candy and nice biz card note...looks like standard packaging...

Thx
I'm up the road a bit in blytheville (y) I've had good luck with the 35kg amazon special servo, and in the smaller typhons i bet they would be fine as well. I do run 7.4v out of the bec though on my max6.

Yeah, the ballcap is really nice. I had also looked at the DS505, but the one area of concern for me was the stall current draw:

DS505.jpg

DS630.jpg

With a MAX6/MAX8 having a BEC current capability of 6 Amps - I'd rather stay under the limit as much as possible and the DL505 has a higher stall current draw. Granted, you may never/rarely experience a total stall on a basher but less current draw = less chances of a brownout on the DS630.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back