Granite To 4S.....or not to 4S...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
I have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a 4S pack for my Granite. Have a Typhon 3S and 6S, so don't REALLY need it to be fast...I have fast cars. But still wondering if I should I have plenty of fun with it using 3S...but still. Thoughts?

Truck can handle it. Have Mamba X, 2400kv castle in it. Have 19T pinion, steel spur, steel rear diff and input gear, modified 4S CVD axles, 25kg JX Ecoboost servo, HR pivot balls and full aluminum steering linkage, aluminum HR shocks, and metal shock tower braces.

I have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a 4S pack for my Granite. Have a Typhon 3S and 6S, so don't REALLY need it to be fast...I have fast cars. But still wondering if I should I have plenty of fun with it using 3S...but still. Thoughts?

Truck can handle it. Have Mamba X, 2400kv castle in it. Have 19T pinion, steel spur, steel rear diff and input gear, modified 4S CVD axles, 25kg JX Ecoboost servo, HR pivot balls and full aluminum steering linkage, aluminum HR shocks, and metal shock tower braces.
If it can handle it, might as well try it. 🤷‍♂️ I wouldn't upgrade it so you could run 4s, but if it already can... Make sure the ESC can take it, if not.....
Art 3D GIF by Pi-Slices

Do it!! I mean you already beefed it out to handle it right, why not? What are you running for cooling, I ran 20t with 2400kv and it got too hot for my liking on only 3s so went down to 15t and it's not enough speed or air control so going to put an 18t in now.

I run mine on stock drive shafts and only did my rear diff with hot racing and it’s holding up fine. I only use the 4s becouse the air control is so much better. There’s no way I could ever hit full throttle without it flipping but I’m just a little lighter on the trigger ..... until I hit the ramp. That’s where it shines. I’ve been getting triples pretty good

Do it!! I mean you already beefed it out to handle it right, why not? What are you running for cooling, I ran 20t with 2400kv and it got too hot for my liking on only 3s so went down to 15t and it's not enough speed or air control so going to put an 18t in now.
Nothing too elaborate on the cooling, just a heat sink and fan.

20210515_210307.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back