to all the bikers out there

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've seen concept electric ones with 2wd. Motor can go in the hub.
But if they only stayed a concept that should say something. 🤷‍♂️
what would be so bad about it?
if anything it would be safer because then it would be less likley to wheelie
For the same reason humans only walk on two limbs.:ROFLMAO:
you don't run like an ape?

what would be so bad about it?
if anything it would be safer because then it would be less likley to wheelie
I'm with you. I just don't think they found a way to do it.
Being that the F/R aren't connected with a diff, a computer would have to make the decision for wheel speed (electric) which may not be practical.🤷‍♂️
Gas bike...I really cant see any way for 2wd.

Knowing how to ride makes the bike less likely to wheelie. As far as practicality, it's really only feasible in an electric bike. Getting power to the front wheel of a motorcycle, which has to be able to turn from side to side freely, isn't really doable with a shaft, chain or belt. You'd also add a lot of weight, complexity, and braking would likely suffer. There's just not really an upside.

Not having a motor too big for your britches will prevent wheelies. rolling on full throttle while in motion will not initiate a wheelie in MOST bikes on the road. I have had 600-1000cc and you really have to ride like an idiot to get the wheel to come up by accident.

There really is no point in a 2wd bike. current bikes will outride the rider, meaning you will "never" oversteer the bike. Maybe in an off-road adventure bike it might be a little more applicable. but even so, look at how many professional motor sports there are with 2wd and 4wd. The practicality of maintaining a 4wd system with minimal gains outweighs any benefit. I mention motorsports because let be honest, most of the R&D stems from that and is tailored down to us general folk.

2 Kawi ZX-what R's? Which one has the turbo?

Pics or they don't exist.
Same I want pics.
so my father has two kawasaki zx-r's in the garage (both drag racers and one turboed) and some aprilia and as i was sitting on it and pretending to vroom vroom i was thinking....
why don't they make a 2wd bike?
Pics man.
Anyway, my uncle just got a 2018 911 Carrera S and a liter bike. No Idea which one it is. I'll ask him and I know I have some pics. Imma go home and see if I can get them from my parents. He has been into cars since he was little. He had a Mercedes drop-top (2010) and he had a fully custom interior on it. He doesn't have it anymore. Wish I had pics. It was so nice.

Last edited:
i thik theyre like r10s? or something theyre from like mid 2000s when my dad did the local 1/8th
imagination jerking off GIF

2 wheel drive electric mountain bikes are a thing. I think it would be great for off-road overlanding.

Steve Christini patented and produced a 2wd drive system 20 years ago. He tested it on mountain bikes first, and I bought one. It was really amazing. You could throw your weight forward uphill and not lose traction. If the rear washes out, the front pulls you back in line. Weight transfer still allows wheelies. Maintenance was a female dog, but it was a great system. Christini licensed the tech to Cannondale motocross, and made kits for KTM and others. They have a strong following. Takes a little getting used to, but 2x2 has some serious merits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back