Kraton To get a Kraton EXB 1/5 roller or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
They are on sale for $489. I already have a 6s EXB, a fireteam(with mmx8s/1650kv), Tekno MT410, and an Xmaxx... so many mixed reviews... issues with the servo savor and A-ARMS... if I get one, I will most likely put a castle system in it. What say you?

Driving style: I like my rc's to be tough and capable so I can look at them on the shelf and know they would do well at bashing🤣

Just take it out and put it on the shelf all new.
Don't need electrics in it for the shelf. And it won't have any "issues'.
Can look at it all day long. You would still know it would do well bashing. Who would be the wiser?:LOL:

Just take it out and put it on the shelf all new.
Don't need electrics in it for the shelf. And it won't have any "issues'.
Can look at it all day long. You would still know it would do well bashing. Who would be the wiser?:LOL:
I get em out on occasion, I don't do anything too crazy though, except for the Xmaxx(I've sent that thing flying 30ft through the air). I've had a Losi DBXLE-2.0 and I wonder if it would handle anything comparable to that?

Some say the Losi is better.
Arrma/HH made the 1/5 line as a X-Max killer. Marketting driven. Just poor execution IMHO. It is over-engieered in some areas ( hence weight) and under Under-engineered in others. ( some parts all too easily break) One can say all rigs are like this. Arrma needs to revamp it. Materials used are sub par ,plastics and steel parts parts. Doubt it will happen. They shot their $Load$ already. Seems they are trimming down the 8s 1/5 line now.

I get em out on occasion, I don't do anything too crazy though, except for the Xmaxx(I've sent that thing flying 30ft through the air). I've had a Losi DBXLE-2.0 and I wonder if it would handle anything comparable to that?
Handles about the same, Losi is more fragile and has way less traction/air control with stock tires.

I like my RTR with RPM arms and a pm1373 servo, fairly fast and planted, and a decent small jumper.

IMHO

I think I'll steer clear for now and see if anything new comes out in the next few months.

For the price , again another great price drop Black Friday sale , so I picked one of these up to !
Gonna just slap a Primal servo and my extra K8S rtr electronics in and enjoy ! I have a shut down golf course near me , great place for big 1/5 scale rigs !

For the price , again another great price drop Black Friday sale , so I picked one of these up to !
Gonna just slap a Primal servo and my extra K8S rtr electronics in and enjoy ! I have a shut down golf course near me , great place for big 1/5 scale rigs !
A shut down golf course would change things... I have a run down BMX track that Losi DB pro 1/10 has a good time at... anything bigger just launches and not in a good way

I was so close to wanting a dbxl-e but you guys keep talking me out of it. I don't want to buy it if it breaks everytime I jump with it. 😔

I was so close to wanting a dbxl-e but you guys keep talking me out of it. I don't want to buy it if it breaks everytime I jump with it. 😔
I loved my DBXL-E , to me they are for light to medium jumping , but mostly to enjoy the handling of the race inspired designed chassis . The big senders in 1/5 scale are for the K8S and Xmaxx . I never broke my DBXL-E other than wing mount .

I loved my DBXL-E , to me they are for light to medium jumping , but mostly to enjoy the handling of the race inspired designed chassis . The big senders in 1/5 scale are for the K8S and Xmaxx . I never broke my DBXL-E other than wing mount .
I keep thinking maybe the jumps I do are small enough for it to not matter.

What do you think? those are like my typical jumps. My k8s and o8s survive these jumps well enough that I'm not scared to do it. I already have the new Traxxas XRT, k8s and o8s but I kinda wanted another big rig. I HATE the way the xmaxx looks though so that is totally off the table. Only thing left seems like the DBEXL. I really liked the idea of putting on some hex extenders and some backflip 8s tires or something lol.

I keep thinking maybe the jumps I do are small enough for it to not matter.

What do you think? those are like my typical jumps. My k8s and o8s survive these jumps well enough that I'm not scared to do it. I already have the new Traxxas XRT, k8s and o8s but I kinda wanted another big rig. I HATE the way the xmaxx looks though so that is totally off the table. Only thing left seems like the DBEXL. I really liked the idea of putting on some hex extenders and some backflip 8s tires or something lol.
That’s you , I’m subbed to your channel!!! Love your vids and your girl does it with you!!!

That’s you , I’m subbed to your channel!!! Love your vids and your girl does it with you!!!
Thanks bro! She works hard for those drone shots and spends a lot of time editing. YouTube life is hard so it's always nice to know there are actually people out there who enjoy watching. :cool:(y)

Wait you totally didn't answer my question!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When your rigs hit the sidewalk,…..!!!! Ouch ! Lol
No , your jumps are pretty big !
Man I hate that sidewalk!! HATE IT!! lol. You're killing my DBXL dream though. :ROFLMAO::cry::cry:

Skip the heartache of an xlx2 fire and just put a max5 in it.
+1
It's a basher rig. Max5 is what you want.
The Losi handles better??? A lighter rig.
Doesn't it?

A shut down golf course would change things... I have a run down BMX track that Losi DB pro 1/10 has a good time at... anything bigger just launches and not in a good way
True , the big 1/5 scale rigs need some big open area to really open them up !!! I remember when I first took out my K8S with the Max5 / 1100kv / 27t pinion pulling 54mph , thinking "man this thing is covering some ground quick !!! " And most do 29 / 30 t pinions ! I still have my Xmaxx and a SBR 2.0 , but when I used to use my K8S ( and Xmaxx ) , the only way I can describe it with both trucks launching off the same jump , the K8S " explodes " when it takes off , more height and distance vs. the Xmaxx .
By far , out of all of them the K8S was the best jumper of the bunch .
I get what you are saying , but at least you entertained picking up the K8S EXB on this price chop , to me , it is a lot of truck for $489 !!!

I always wished they would totally revamp the 1/5 line. I see a lot more potential there.(y)
But I see Arrma is already committed to this platform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back