To heavy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 80 on my outcast and it still could be heavier some times. But i air it pretty good.
Screenshot_2018-05-25-12-53-07.png

@Headbangerfacerip this is for the Nero though which has a completely different suspension.

@The last Nero according to page 40 of the owners manual it comes with 3,000cst shock oil, which according to the link below would put it at 240wt. So I would think that 90wt oil would make the suspension really soft.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-oil-wt-to-cst-conversion-chart.1454/

Wonder why in the first post of that thread they said the nero used 1,000cst.
Arrma Granite shocks use 350cSt (or 30wt) oil.
Arrma Kraton shocks use 550cSt (or roughly 43wt) oil.
Arrma Nero shocks use 1000cSt (or 80wt) oil.

You need to run it and see what works. The outcast manual says two different weights in two different sections lol i would just run it and if it's too much out not enough change it. That's my favorite part about rc....the tuning. With these it's not as needed as say my truggy or touring car but it's still rewarding when you find a sweet tune.

And your not wrong, the nero manual does show 3000cst for shock oil. That thing must have huge holes in the shock pistons. That's some seriously heavy oil for shocks.
2018-0601-ArrmaNeroShockOil3000cst.jpg

I run 70/80 in my revo's, but they only have 2 hole pistons, which I think are 1.2mm in size. I have the variable rate kit on all of them though, so on rebound, a valve unblocks 2 more holes. Without that, they barely rebound with 80wt and stiff springs. Even running that heavy though, I have issues with my shock pistons splitting in half on me. At least on my brushless revo. I had to dial it down to 60/70wt and let it bottom out hard all the time.

Wow I'm really light then, thanks
I cannot confirm that the manual is right however. I am just stating that that's what the manual says. If you have 90wt you may want to compare it to what is in the shocks already. If the shocks have 1,000cst/80wt already they should be similar in consistency.

I did 50 front and 60 rear on my outcast and its definitely to soft how do you like 80 and are you using it front and rear?
I use 80 all around. I'm not sure about their manuals but the one i have says 80 stock. So that's what i used. It's way way harder then stock but it works great!! The only thing is is i put an extra hole or two in the pistons because with such thick fluid it blows out the center where the shaft goes threw on huge airs. And ever sense i put an extra hole in it it last a little longer. I actually started a thread about if someone knows any better options then the stock shock pistons. I haven't gotten any responses yet.

@Headbangerfacerip this is for the Nero though which has a completely different suspension.

@The last Nero according to page 40 of the owners manual it comes with 3,000cst shock oil, which according to the link below would put it at 240wt. So I would think that 90wt oil would make the suspension really soft.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-oil-wt-to-cst-conversion-chart.1454/

I agree 90wt is gonna be spongey. I run pt racing oils and on request you can order any cst you want.

I use 80 all around. I'm not sure about their manuals but the one i have says 80 stock. So that's what i used. It's way way harder then stock but it works great!! The only thing is is i put an extra hole or two in the pistons because with such thick fluid it blows out the center where the shaft goes threw on huge airs. And ever sense i put an extra hole in it it last a little longer. I actually started a thread about if someone knows any better options then the stock shock pistons. I haven't gotten any responses yet.
I'll try the extra hole trick

I found the pt oil website but they only have 3000cst in diff oil, can I use that in my shocks?

I found the pt oil website but they only have 3000cst in diff oil, can I use that in my shocks?
Diff fluid and shock fluid are the same just after a certain thickness they start to call it diff fluid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back