I plugged the charge wires into my lipo and picked them up and the wires touched tip on both batteries. It caused a major spark. So stupid ! How much damage did I cause on both 50oo 5oc venom lipos? Did I just throw away 200 dollars?
I plugged the charge wires into my LiPo and picked them up and the wires touched tip on both batteries. It caused a major spark. So stupid ! How much damage did I cause on both 50oo 5oc venom lipos? Did I just throw away 200 dollars?
Lol thank u. I think I'm goodFirstly check that the cha the wires are not damaged. Then use a battery voltage checker to see if the cell voltages are still ok. You may have blown a battery cell, but if the short was only brief and not more than a second or so then usually you will be ok. Make sure the battery hasn't puffed either.
If you don't have a voltage checker, read your charger manual to see if it has a voltage checker function. You may have to briefly charge it to use this function - not all have it separate in the menu.
I shorted a 4S LiPo when soldering on a new connector a few months ago. The spark was large and severely damaged my pliers and fried/melted the connector I had 99% finished soldering on. The LiPo however was fine, so I wouldn't be too worried.
One tip - if your charge setup is like mine (battery with XT90, charge lead with one end XT90 other end banana plugs that go into the charger), always plug the banana leads in the charger FIRST, then plug the battery into the charge lead. That way it is impossible to short anything accidentally.