Mojave To mojave exb or blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejwk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
So I keep thinking about the mojave and just know I'm gonna end up getting one....tommarro hah. What I'm trying to figure out though is which one. What I would like to do is buy a blx and take the spektrum 150 out, put it in my exb kraton, and take the spektrum 8s electronics out my kraton and put it in the mojave. I rarely use 8s on the kraton and think it will be way more fun in the mojave. Is that dumb? should I just get the exb and buy electronics later for the kraton? Money's not the issue, what I should do is the issue haha. Give my some words.

So I keep thinking about the mojave and just know I'm gonna end up getting one....tommarro hah. What I'm trying to figure out though is which one. What I would like to do is buy a blx and take the spektrum 150 out, put it in my exb kraton, and take the spektrum 8s electronics out my kraton and put it in the mojave. I rarely use 8s on the kraton and think it will be way more fun in the mojave. Is that dumb? should I just get the exb and buy electronics later for the kraton? Money's not the issue, what I should do is the issue haha. Give my some words.
I feel like the Kraton runs boss on 4-6s all day bro.. Mojave Deserves That 8s Setup

I think the mojave would handle it better, depending on gearing your kraton is going to be a backflipping machine. Mine's mental on 6s geared 24/46 with the hobbystar 1480kv motor. One good point will def be to shim the diffs well on whichever you do. I ran 8s on a stretched mojave and blew the rear diff out. I've since shimmed up the new one and not had any issues. I ended up taking the belted 3.8 badlands off and putting 1/5 grp's on and making an "8s typhon"

big typhon 1.jpg

big typhon 2.jpg

fat bastard11.jpg

fat bastard12.jpg

I think the mojave would handle it better, depending on gearing your kraton is going to be a backflipping machine. Mine's mental on 6s geared 24/46 with the hobbystar 1480kv motor. One good point will def be to shim the diffs well on whichever you do. I ran 8s on a stretched mojave and blew the rear diff out. I've since shimmed up the new one and not had any issues. I ended up taking the belted 3.8 badlands off and putting 1/5 grp's on and making an "8s typhon"

View attachment 138859

View attachment 138860

View attachment 138861

View attachment 138862
Looks fun! but it's not even close to a mojave anymore! Haha

Looks fun! but it's not even close to a mojave anymore! Haha
Nope, it's a separate build for me too. I have a mojave, and it runs the max6/1650 combo on 24/46 gearing.

View attachment 138859

View attachment 138860

View attachment 138861

View attachment 138862
are the jbi rc battery straps better than the stock ones

are the jbi rc battery straps better than the stock ones
I like them if i need some. I put them on my lmt's as well. i leave the stock v4/5 straps in my arrmas unless i use an aftermarket tray like on this stretched mojave.

Back