To snow or not to snow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I generally don’t run my rigs in snow, but this looks like fun....

❄️ ❄️ ❄️

CF6C907C-EAFD-406A-A9A5-A3A5F0031C30.jpeg

I know I would if we had snow. Unfortunately, it seems Virginia might not get a winter this time around.
It was just 54F here this weekend. Now it’s snowing. ??‍♂️

Here in Michigan where I am it is snowing pretty good, Jondilly you would most assuredly love it,
We sit out sometimes for an hour just sliding and drifting.

It was just 54F here this weekend. Now it’s snowing. ??‍♂️
Same weather here where I'm at in Michigan but it's just starting to snow now. We should have 6 to 7 inches by tomorrow morning

Y’all talked me into it. Gonna throw a storage charged lipo in the Granite. Im pretty sure these old people next door are gonna be pissy if they see me out after dark but IDGAF ????‍♂️

Y’all talked me into it. Gonna throw a storage charged lipo in the Granite. Im pretty sure these old people next door are gonna be pissy if they see me out after dark but IDGAF ????‍♂️
Post pics or it didn’t happen ?

Throw a shower cap over the electronics if you're worried. The 3s and 4s rcs as mostly plastic. They are made for snow bashing.
20200205_215056.jpg

20200205_215112.jpg

20200205_215128.jpg

Here in Michigan where I am it is snowing pretty good, Jondilly you would most assuredly love it,
We sit out sometimes for an hour just sliding and drifting.
I'm over our weather. This past month + has been terrible bashing weather.

Well that storage charged lipo ran for a grand total of 1 minute ???

I even fired up the GoPro and everything, but its too dark out to see anything ??

To be honest it wasn't really worth the effort. It is too light and fluffy and it kept getting stuck. The K4S might have had a better shot, but I have it torn apart to redo the diffs right now. I might give it another go in daylight tomorrow. ✌?

Well that storage charged lipo ran for a grand total of 1 minute ???

I even fired up the GoPro and everything, but its too dark out to see anything ??

To be honest it wasn't really worth the effort. It is too light and fluffy and it kept getting stuck. The K4S might have had a better shot, but I have it torn apart to redo the diffs right now. I might give it another go in daylight tomorrow. ✌?
Sucks when it's too deep/fluffy to get anywhere. Paddle tires + new lipo?

Sucks when it's too deep/fluffy to get anywhere. Paddle tires + new lipo?
Yeah I could simply charge the LiPO and run the Kraton. I’m not a huge fan of snow so spending on paddles is a waste for me. This snow is just too fluffy even for paddles.

Yeah I could simply charge the LiPO and run the Kraton. I’m not a huge fan of snow so spending on paddles is a waste for me. This snow is just too fluffy even for paddles.
I guess you have to buy a K8S now...
Nothing will be able too stop you then ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back