Typhon To truggify?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hello all, just to start I've got a v5 typhon 6s that I've had for about 3 months & I absolutely love this effing rocket. I have it m2ced out & it's a tank. Still running all stock electronics with a couple fans on the motor (I do have a max8/ 2200kv motor waiting to go in). I just got 2 hot racing aluminum diff bulkheads to beef those up some more. I've already got all the Kraton hubs, stubs, & hexes to make it a truggy. Should I just switch it all all over while I have it apart? I would really like to build everything all out in one shot. I like to bash it around on dirt and pavement, but would really benefit from more ground clearance. Also would like to dabble a little bit in the speed running. Would the wider stance hinder that aspect of handling? I think I'm leaning towards yes, please help me make up my mind 🤣👍
Thank you guys for all your input

speed running
Longer and narrower would be better

I like to bash it around on dirt and pavement, but would really benefit from more ground clearance.
I think bigger tires would do you better.

If you truggify it, it'll wheelie constantly. I love it in my Notorious, but it isn't what everybody's looking for

Truggy hubs are a must. Better handling in the chop and on grass. More fun to jump and bash with than a stocker. 5.25" mx28 are perfect, and handle so much quicker than MT tires. Short arms are tougher than long arms. You won't get a neutral opinion out of me, truggificationism is my jam.

IMAG1201.jpg

Truggy hubs are a must. Better handling in the chop and on grass. More fun to jump and bash with than a stocker. 5.25" mx28 are perfect, and handle so much quicker than MT tires. Short arms are tougher than long arms. You won't get a neutral opinion out of me, truggificationism is my jam.

View attachment 217761
Those are the non-belted badlands correct? How do they handle the power? Are you on a stock system? Balloon bad?

Those are the non-belted badlands correct? How do they handle the power? Are you on a stock system? Balloon bad?
1. Yes, non-belted.
2. Handle great, actually. I run them hard, but I'm not Kevin Talbot.
3. TP Motor 4050, 160A on 6s.
4. Really, really bad. Going to try belteds next time.

1. Yes, non-belted.
You ever tried these or heard of anyone using them?

Screenshot_20220515-155824_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220515-155831_Samsung Internet.jpg

1. Yes, non-belted.
Ok I thought so. I run the belted ones on my typhon. I am looking for another set of tires about the same dimensions at the belted but haven't had much luck. Would like to get something without the removable hexes as i had to go the expensive aluminum route as well. The belted badlands are definitely badass. I was just ripping around today with them on my typhon. I wish they came on a mach10 wheel or unmounted. You know of any other good wheels/tires for the truggy typhon that are in the range of 128x53mm?

1. Yes, non-belted.
I'm surprised they held up so well for you. I ran them on my 4s typhon and they came unglued. I bet it would have been terrifying on 6s. If I could go back in time I'd definitely get the belted versions but then the air control would be worse so =(
Ok I thought so. I run the belted ones on my typhon. I am looking for another set of tires about the same dimensions at the belted but haven't had much luck. Would like to get something without the removable hexes as i had to go the expensive aluminum route as well. The belted badlands are definitely badass. I was just ripping around today with them on my typhon. I wish they came on a mach10 wheel or unmounted. You know of any other good wheels/tires for the truggy typhon that are in the range of 128x53mm?
Mojave tires are wonderful on truggified typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back