To understand LSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a real car or truck , yes definitely a great feature to have , for RC cars / trucks , still don't see the need to have done this and possibly now complicate things . We can " tune " our diffs and achieve the same results with thicker fluid . The RC's are so light in ratio to real life cars / trucks , those rear wheels most all the time should spin even when going straight regardless of what either side wheel is on , meaning uneven traction surface .
Now that you have to essentially wait for the LSD clutches to unlock when you turn , you might experience less turning as it will " push " . We play with rear diff fluid in our SC6.1's we race with this theory . Thicker rear fluid usually makes my truck not turn as tight as I would like as it is pushing on the front tires .
IMO , they should have just beefed up the metal and size of the gears , and left it an " open " diff . FWIW , I have never broke or lost a diff in any of my 6s Arrmas .

Lysergic acid diethylamide
Effects typically include altered thoughts, feelings, and awareness of one's surroundings. Many users tend to obsess over RC cars and trucks becoming overwhelmed when they see large open terrain and mounds of dirt.

For a real car or truck , yes definitely a great feature to have , for RC cars / trucks , still don't see the need to have done this and possibly now complicate things . We can " tune " our diffs and achieve the same results with thicker fluid . The RC's are so light in ratio to real life cars / trucks , those rear wheels most all the time should spin even when going straight regardless of what either side wheel is on , meaning uneven traction surface .

I went back and forth about buying a sealed diff for my slash 2wd drag car. I was going to put 2 million in it for that posi-style lock. Finally just went with a locker. At this scale, a tiny bit of play in your driveshafts will have the same effect... or so I think. Well, my car is driving straighter, at least.

Problem is, people tend NOT to tune their diffs, they follow somone who stated 5mil or 500k in the diffs to get less balooning. You see, through the years here, still people ask what oil they need, and have not even tested the cars..they just do it cuz, and not cuz they miss or want something spec of the cars handeling ?.

So imo they will be as good as anything else, when they are given the time needed ?

Problem is, people tend NOT to tune their diffs, they follow somone who stated 5mil or 500k in the diffs to get less balooning. You see, through the years here, still people ask what oil they need, and have not even tested the cars..they just do it cuz, and not cuz they miss or want something spec of the cars handeling ?.

So imo they will be as good as anything else, when they are given the time needed ?
True. Very few people actually tune their diffs they just throw in oil that makes the car diff out less than it did out of the factory to their preferred amount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back