Today is a sad day for me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Broke one of my MIP speed bits. Had it in my milwaukee driver and knocked it off my work bench. Shattered the bit.
2019-0803-BrokenMIP2.5mm-20130101-20190803.jpg

Got the 4 bit set (1.5,2,2.5,3) from my wife back in 2012 for Christmas. Dremeled half a mm or so a few times to keep the tip sharp. 7+ years isn't too bad for a allen wrench! Especially the 2.5mm as I seem to use it the most.

If it was a 10mm socket it would've been lost within the first few months. ?
Funny story, I pulled the transmission out of my Tahoe and 10mm socket fell out.

Broke one of my MIP speed bits. Had it in my milwaukee driver and knocked it off my work bench. Shattered the bit.
2019-0803-BrokenMIP2.5mm-20130101-20190803.jpg

Got the 4 bit set (1.5,2,2.5,3) from my wife back in 2012 for Christmas. Dremeled half a mm or so a few times to keep the tip sharp. 7+ years isn't too bad for a allen wrench! Especially the 2.5mm as I seem to use it the most.
I feel your pain. Especially since it broke the way it did. Freak breakage. I am sure it would have lasted longer otherwise. I love my speed bits. Have all the MIPs too. I use my Milwaukee driver also. Did numerous kit builds with them. Someone told me that MIP warrantys them. Is that true?

Funny story, I pulled the transmission out of my Tahoe and 10mm socket fell out.
I'm convinced there's a massive underground cavern with mountains of single socks and 10mm sockets

^!at this point, that's the only logical explanation for where they all are. ?

?

I'm convinced there's a massive underground cavern with mountains of single socks and 10mm sockets

?
I think you will someday find them in that big tool box in the sky.

C'mmon a bit?

Sad day is when you drop your dslr, a few yrs back was packing up my camera gear, but right before I zip-it the camera bag noticed one of my shoe laces was loose, bend down to tie it up, my wife opened the other door and grabbed the bag, and said "hey I got your bag" and as I was saying "NOOO" almost in slow motion, I could see an object fly out and into the pavement....

*that my friend, is a f**#$in bad day!

I still have nightmares, ended selling the whole thing for parts on Ebay dirt cheap, you bet I will never ever leave the bag open unattended.

C'mmon a bit?

Sad day is when you drop your dslr, a few yrs back was packing up my camera gear, but right before I zip-it the camera bag noticed one of my shoe laces was loose, bend down to tie it up, my wife opened the other door and grabbed the bag, and said "hey I got your bag" and as I was saying "NOOO" almost in slow motion, I could see an object fly out and into the pavement....

I still have nightmares, ended selling the whole thing for parts on Ebay dirt cheap, you bet I will never ever leave the bag open unattended.
You should've learned how to hackey sack as a kid. LoL
You gotta get those cat like reflexes honed in and block the fall with your foot before it hits the ground.
I stabbed my self in the top of my foot with an mip driver the other day when it rolled off the workbench while wearing flip fops. It was just instinct,
still hurt like hell tho

You should've learned how to hackey sack as a kid. LoL
You gotta get those cat like reflexes honed in and block the fall with your foot before it hits the ground.
I stabbed my self in the top of my foot with an mip driver the other day when it rolled off the workbench while wearing flip fops. It was just instinct,
still hurt like hell tho
Kitchen knives fall often as well. Good fancy knives people try to hackey save but doesn't always work out. Reflex control is a mfr. lol

@olds97_lss Will you replace with MIP?
C'mmon a bit?

omg. That is a sad story and I totally appreciate it. Dam tough. ??☹☹

I've found a sh** load of single sockets in the street over the years. I guess under hood of cars, left on trailers, in bed of trucks. And I'm talking about just around the neighborhood, it's not like I drive around looking for them, stop and get out.

I needed 10mm yesterday. Believe it or not first three I pulled from my disaster of a tool box 10mm. Couldn't f@ckin believe it. Never it a million years ??

C'mmon a bit?

Wasn't the cost. It was just one of the RC gifts my wife got me. Was also nice to be able to say "MIP is pretty good, I have had the set for 7 years and they still work great".
@olds97_lss Will you replace with MIP?

Already got a replacement MIP in the mail.

?

Its a well known fact that aliens only have one foot and 10mm is a very common socket size on their aircraft.

Using a power driver can be your friend. But there is a learning curve. Once you get the feel. Its cake. Need the right P. driver with a clutch. I guaranty you will always have it nearby. At the very least for removing fasteners... dismantling. I was cautious with it the beginning, I knew better. Now it is indispensable for kit build also. But Ive been using power tools as a mechanic for many years. I never ruined even one RC fastener.
When building always use the hand driver for the final torque if you are not comfortable. I could absolutley never build a kit without a power driver as of late. I'm spoiled. I cut my build times easily by half. But I concede its not for everyone. You can do some serious damage.
I see many builders on videos say not to use them. But in reality they use them. You see them in the background using them. Funny. But I see the message is better safe than sorry. And if you are watching building videos, you are probably new to building. Sound advice.
Josh, Harley Designs, is a maniac with a power driver.:LOL:
Just do not use anything else but an MIP driver tip with a P. driver. My take.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back