Today's race was a disaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Took second to last place today in a GT race against 11 other cars. It's been a long time since I did this poorly. This is a new car and was the first time I raced it. From driving it around my neighborhood, I thought it would be a pretty good out-of-the-box racer but running stock electronics was a big mistake. The servo got twitchy and isn't strong enough, and the ESC doesn't have enough brake even at 100%, and I think I need to put some 100k in the front diff. The tires are pretty bad too...I almost ran foams like I usually do but I figured the track surface would be bad (the course was in a parking lot) since we recently had a bunch of snow...I thought there'd be a lot of sand and debris and so I ran treaded rubbers thinking it'd give me an advantage. Turns out the parking lot was nice and clean and I between the servo and sub-par corner grip I kept spinning the thing and by the time I'd adjusted my driving style to try to make up for the shortcomings I didn't have enough time to make up position. I'm not sure about this one...I'm gonna put a spare Hobbywing system and a Reefs in it and hopefully it will turn it into a different car...as of right now it's fun to run around with but it's no good competitively.

20220211_132511.jpg

Don't be hard on yourself. :)
A new rig and all takes much dialing in. And much wheel time, before it feels connected and hooked up.
When I raced, It would take me many heats to work out the kinks. And tire choice can be a bear. I'm sure you know this anyway.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back