Outcast Today's run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
Took my Outcast out today for a couple of runs since last week. I installed the Tekno springs on the front (orange) and rear (yellow) and left the stock oil in the shocks to see how it handles before i change the oil. Also got the RPM skid plate for the rear and RPM bumper for the front as well as the RPM wing mount. And last but not least, the Tekno pinion gears in 15t and 17t. Right now i have the 15t on there and it runs great! Just enough speed and a good amount of torque. I must also mention that it is a lot quieter with the Tekno pinion than the Arrma pinions. Not sure why that is, but it sounds better! The handling was alright, felt the turning could be better, but ill play around with the springs and diff oils to try and hit that sweet spot. Other than that, it was a good day. Ran one 6s pack and half of a 4s pack. I bought two sets of Tekno springs front and rear in yellow and orange, so I'll be trying different combos with those too.

How did your spring set up work out for you. I purchased the same but didn't receive them yet.

Took my Outcast out today for a couple of runs since last week. I installed the Tekno springs on the front (orange) and rear (yellow) and left the stock oil in the shocks to see how it handles before i change the oil. Also got the RPM skid plate for the rear and RPM bumper for the front as well as the RPM wing mount. And last but not least, the Tekno pinion gears in 15t and 17t. Right now i have the 15t on there and it runs great! Just enough speed and a good amount of torque. I must also mention that it is a lot quieter with the Tekno pinion than the Arrma pinions. Not sure why that is, but it sounds better! The handling was alright, felt the turning could be better, but ill play around with the springs and diff oils to try and hit that sweet spot. Other than that, it was a good day. Ran one 6s pack and half of a 4s pack. I bought two sets of Tekno springs front and rear in yellow and orange, so I'll be trying different combos with those too.
Those springs make a huge difference. Did you set the gear mesh properly when u changed the pinion ? Seems strange its a lot quieter.

Yep, got the gear mesh spot on. I was surprised how quiet it is now. The springs do make a difference. Can definitely tell by the way it drives. My Kraton I went all out and got the Tekno shocks.

For the most part I would say the Tekno shocks are worth getting for the thicker shock shafts. They are really smooth also. Mine don't have the titanium nitride shafts, but they are buttery smooth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back