Kraton Tomorrow I'm going to buy an Kraton 4s PLEASE HELP ME with the UPGRADES I REALLY NEED For My New Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Hey guys after much much much and even more consideration I finally came to the conclusion that I am going to be the happiest Owner of the Arrma Kraton 4s. It came to me that I was looking at the Senton because of the way that it looks and how a short course handles the terrain it really spoke to me. The other model was the Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab, especially when I saw the car in that beautiful blue paint job and the longer body whaaa it looks so amazing and I am sure both will be very cool to own and drive. But then it occurred to me that I had read somewhere on the site that on the 3s line the chassis all were the same on all 4 models of the 3s models of the Typhon, Senton, Big Rock and the KRATON 4S!!! (except for the Granite, but he shares it with the Outcast 4s) WELL then I saw all the extras that the Kraton 4s has, for example, the center tower to tower brace, the beefier 16mm Big Bore Shocks, the slipper clutch 57, and the power delivery of the 4s system and I was sold. This is what pulled me over the line whan comparing all the cars and choosing between the 3s and 6s lines. But when looking at my budget, the costs of buying one , and what the replacements of broken or wore down parts will cost compared to the 6s line. I think that I will be just a lot safer money wise with the 3s-4s line. The only thing that I really NEED YOUR HELP WITH is to have a better idea of what I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UPGRADES THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE MY KRATON be a better car, handling wise and especially DURABILITY wise. Those are my two main reasons why I am asking for help with choosing the best possible upgrades for my Kraton 4s. PLEASE GUYS can you give me some GUIDANCE on how to get my Kraton in the best shape that I can make it for a maximum between $ 200 - $225 dollars.

And why no 6s line you may ask. Well I want to order a Big Rock Crew Cab body and bumpers, and A senton body with the proper A Arms and SC wheels. This all fits on the Kraton 4s and NOT on the 6s so that is why I am going to start with the 4s Kraton and tomorrow about around this hour I will be the so happy that I can FINALLY drive around my park, my bmx track, my soccer fields and the grass has just been cut, so I'm really ready, and with some fully charged 4s packs and ready to go BASH I wil have a hell of a lot of fun tomorrow!!!!!!
I hope you guys can make some time for me to share your knowledge and experience with your upgrades and I will be very grateful if you can help me out with this.
Greetings from the Netherlands.
MacSpacey out.
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

Last edited:
Hey guys after much much much and even more consideration I finally came to the conclusion that I am going to be the happiest Owner of the Arrma Kraton 4s. It came to me that I was looking at the Senton because of the way that it looks and how a short course handles the terrain it really spoke to me. The other model was the Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab, especially when I saw the car in that beautiful blue paint job and the longer body whaaa it looks so amazing and I am sure both will be very cool to own and drive. But then it occurred to me that I had read somewhere on the site that on the 3s line the chassis all were the same on all 4 models of the 3s models of the Typhon, Senton, Big Rock and the KRATON 4S!!! (except for the Granite, but he shares it with the Outcast 4s) WELL then I saw all the extras that the Kraton 4s has, for example, the center tower to tower brace, the beefier 16mm Big Bore Shocks, the slipper clutch 57, and the power delivery of the 4s system and I was sold. This is what pulled me over the line whan comparing all the cars and choosing between the 3s and 6s lines. But when looking at my budget, the costs of buying one , and what the replacements of broken or wore down parts will cost compared to the 6s line. I think that I will be just a lot safer money wise with the 3s-4s line. The only thing that I really NEED YOUR HELP WITH is to have a better idea of what I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UPGRADES THAT ARE GOING TO MAKE MY KRATON be a better car, handling wise and especially DURABILITY wise. Those are my two main reasons why I am asking for help with choosing the best possible upgrades for my Kraton 4s. PLEASE GUYS can you give me some GUIDANCE on how to get my Kraton in the best shape that I can make it for a maximum between $ 200 - $225 dollars.

And why no 6s line you may ask. Well I want to order a Big Rock Crew Cab body and bumpers, and A senton body with the proper A Arms and SC wheels. This all fits on the Kraton 4s and NOT on the 6s so that is why I am going to start with the 4s Kraton and tomorrow about around this hour I will be the so happy that I can FINALLY drive around my park, my bmx track, my soccer fields and the grass has just been cut, so I'm really ready, and with some fully charged 4s packs and ready to go BASH I wil have a hell of a lot of fun tomorrow!!!!!!
I hope you guys can make some time for me to share your knowledge and experience with your upgrades and I will be very grateful if you can help me out with this.
MacSpacey out.
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
I only do upgrades to my rigs when the stuff breaks but that's just me!

For me:
-Adjustable arrma motor mount
-T-bone racing 3s typhon bumpers just bolted on on the original skidplate don't bother using their pin retainers
-sealed bearings
- metal hot racing diff yokes for the rear at least
-bearings for the steering
-amazon servo
-hot racing alluminum pivot balls to remplace the plastic ones
-

MacSpacey out.
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Keep in mind the kraton 4s is wider than the crew cab

Thanks for the information.
Okay I really need to get this off my chest. I'm laughing so hard to the fact that when I read this forum in the morning I think in my mind that I say to the people who have been responding, good morning mister xxx
And every time I see your name coming by, I'm like
Good Morning WoodiE, and then I look down, not to the post down, NO WAAAAY down IRL and then my head will repeat that sentence. But putting some words in front of GOOD MORNING WOODY

the words are,
OMG THAT IS A.....

GOOD MORNING-WOODY
?????

TY all for the best time I've ever had on ANY FORUM before I met you guys. You guys are awesome and I really couldn't ever imagine buying anything other than a ARRMA because I would be ashamed of myself for ever and ever. So thanks for that. (maybe you guys can get Arrma to sponsor us for this fact, that everyone new here will automatically make the decision to buy a new Arrma instead of anything else. Because WE ROCK!!!!
MacSpacey out
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

For me:
-Adjustable arrma motor mount
-T-bone racing 3s typhon bumpers just bolted on on the original skidplate don't bother using their pin retainers
-sealed bearings
- metal hot racing diff yokes for the rear at least
-bearings for the steering
-amazon servo
-hot racing alluminum pivot balls to remplace the plastic ones
-

Keep in mind the kraton 4s is wider than the crew cab
Yup that wider part of the story is certainly a thing that I have a question about. Because I am going to start with converting the Kraton 4s to the Big Rock CC and after that it will be a Senton too. BUT I need shorter A Arms 4sure but then? What do I also need when I put on shorter Arms? I came to the conclusion that it would need shorter turnbuckles, but do I also need other driveshafts F +R? I guess I will, won't I ? But after all that, am I done with the suspension/driveline part of the conversion? Or do I need to get some other parts as well? Please advise if you have any knowledge of this project. I will be posting the pictures of my work getting a Kraton 4s looking like a Big Rock CC and the list of parts that I have used for the conversion process as soon as possible. IF I CAN GET SOME HELP FROM YOU GUYS, what would I need to do other than the things that I just mentioned. Plus the BRCC body + body posts/mounts (Duh) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
MacSpacey out
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

Last edited:

MacSpacey out.
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

Upgrade the 4 driveshafts but if not then Go ahead and order a couple extra sets if you plan on running 4s. Upgrade the servo immediately upgrade the radio immediately there’s a dumbo rc radio on bang good for literally only like 26 bucks that is WAY above and beyond the radio that comes with an arrma. RPM front and back A arms. Upgrade all the wheel hubs front and back to a metal version. Basically put anything metal on the car that is available and within your budget if not I’d suggest running the car on 3s and to leave the punch settings where they’re at for the time Being

1. tires. The stock ones are weak sauce.
2. RPM A-Arms. If you want too. I went 7 months without breaking a factory arm.
3. T-Bone Front Bumper. There is really no front bumper on the Kraton.
4. Radio!! Maybe this should be numbre uno.
5. Drive it till you break something! It is an awesome rig!

hello ?

First of all, I wouldn't upgrade until you break it… it makes no sense at all and you save money and then you also know what breaks easily.
hot racing has parts and other gmp or intgy and t bone bumper there you will find it?

but you want to convert it ? now I have a senton 3s myself and i am converting it to a 4s model ?
now you're talking about slimmer arms but I wouldn't if I were you?.
because the disadvantage of the 4x4 line is that they fall over quickly and everyone widens the car so that you do not fall over.

Ik already have typhon arms with hot racing 17mm hex hub to make it wider
But I want the kraton arms because they are even wider and I want to get rid of that wheel hub of hot racing.
because your wheel is swirling and that irritates me ?

now you want to make it narrower so I wouldn't do that unless you feel like turning your car around often ?

I also wish you lots of fun and hopefully you don't break it too soon ?
And rpm arms are the bom?

Thanks for the information.
Okay I really need to get this off my chest. I'm laughing so hard to the fact that when I read this forum in the morning I think in my mind that I say to the people who have been responding, good morning mister xxx
And every time I see your name coming by, I'm like
Good Morning WoodiE, and then I look down, not to the post down, NO WAAAAY down IRL and then my head will repeat that sentence. But putting some words in front of GOOD MORNING WOODY

the words are,
OMG THAT IS A.....

GOOD MORNING-WOODY
?????

TY all for the best time I've ever had on ANY FORUM before I met you guys. You guys are awesome and I really couldn't ever imagine buying anything other than a ARRMA because I would be ashamed of myself for ever and ever. So thanks for that. (maybe you guys can get Arrma to sponsor us for this fact, that everyone new here will automatically make the decision to buy a new Arrma instead of anything else. Because WE ROCK!!!!
MacSpacey out
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

Yup that wider part of the story is certainly a thing that I have a question about. Because I am going to start with converting the Kraton 4s to the Big Rock CC and after that it will be a Senton too. BUT I need shorter A Arms 4sure but then? What do I also need when I put on shorter Arms? I came to the conclusion that it would need shorter turnbuckles, but do I also need other driveshafts F +R? I guess I will, won't I ? But after all that, am I done with the suspension/driveline part of the conversion? Or do I need to get some other parts as well? Please advise if you have any knowledge of this project. I will be posting the pictures of my work getting a Kraton 4s looking like a Big Rock CC and the list of parts that I have used for the conversion process as soon as possible. IF I CAN GET SOME HELP FROM YOU GUYS, what would I need to do other than the things that I just mentioned. Plus the BRCC body + body posts/mounts (Duh) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
MacSpacey out
PEACE!!!!

Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?
Eat?Sleep?Bash?〽?Repeat?

So how did it go ????and what did you buy???
And did hou crash???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back