Outcast Too much bench time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconium

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
6s outcasts should be driven, and driven HARD (like you stole it!) right ...? I definately don't want a $1000 shelf queen!!! So I have a few queries/issues with my machine that are driving me a bit nuts of late.
Firstly, has anyone got any tips at all on ...
A. Removing stripped hex screws.
B. Avoiding stripping tight screws in the first place. Are any of the replacement screw kits available worth the money?
With that out of the way, I've just got hold of a GPM aluminum diff locker kit (in red of course) and was wondering if anyone has installed it in place of the stock centre diff and what the results are?
Other upgrades to come are Savox high speed/torque steering servo, GPM front and rear lower suspension mounts, twin fans, and 2 big fat Louise Mt pioneer tyres on the back. (that look pretty staunch!) Am also eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Flysky Noble to control the BLX properly.
I think I have ordered quite a few more upgrade items that I haven't named and that are on their way, but with the way international deliveries are atm I probably won't see them for a while yet. I'll start posting some pics once I get the beast off the bench.

Get yourself a set of MIP hex drivers to avoid stripping screws. Once they are stripped you could try a screw extractor or lastly a left handed drill bit. Notching the screw with a dremel might also work.

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_133516_resized_20190502_013545353.jpg
    IMG_20190502_133516_resized_20190502_013545353.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 43
To avoid stripping screws, ,make sure the hex hole is free of dirt so that the hex bit can sit at the bottom of the hole. I use a tiny flat screwdriver to clean up the hex holes when needed.

Also (and more importantly), apply heat on screws installed with red locktite to soften the locktite. Arrma sure like to put a lot of it sometimes.

MIP it is then. (Already have the dremel). Considering prices of some kits I've seen $40 is more than reasonable. Thanks for the quick replies. This forum has impressed me already!

I scored the two rear wheels and tyres in the clearance/bargain bin at my local hobby shop and they were all he had. I have been looking around at getting some beadlocks all round, so until then the backflips can go back on the rear.

6s outcasts should be driven, and driven HARD (like you stole it!) right ...? I definately don't want a $1000 shelf queen!!! So I have a few queries/issues with my machine that are driving me a bit nuts of late.
Firstly, has anyone got any tips at all on ...
A. Removing stripped hex screws.
B. Avoiding stripping tight screws in the first place. Are any of the replacement screw kits available worth the money?
With that out of the way, I've just got hold of a GPM aluminum diff locker kit (in red of course) and was wondering if anyone has installed it in place of the stock centre diff and what the results are?
Other upgrades to come are Savox high speed/torque steering servo, GPM front and rear lower suspension mounts, twin fans, and 2 big fat Louise Mt pioneer tyres on the back. (that look pretty staunch!) Am also eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Flysky Noble to control the BLX properly.
I think I have ordered quite a few more upgrade items that I haven't named and that are on their way, but with the way international deliveries are atm I probably won't see them for a while yet. I'll start posting some pics once I get the beast off the bench.
Don't forget to vent your tires. They'll last longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back