Kraton Took my Kraton exb for its first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I took it to the park so I could run it on black top and get my trim set and check motor temps. No fans on the motor yet and after several high speed passes as hot as the motor got was around 160f at the back running the 19t pinion. Only thing I was not too satisfied with was the servo which is a Powerhd-30kg that someone had recommended. In the grass it just does not have the power to get full steering and even on the blacktop it struggled some. I will prob go up to a 50kg or more. Power was great with the hobby wing 1650kv motor on 6s.

9E68A8DF-5376-4965-BE52-1F67BF4478F3.jpeg

F1E95293-6E1B-424A-BF1A-52FD582EFA66.jpeg

E835996F-74E0-400B-A36D-EE35696DB9A3.jpeg

ABA2F018-1F2A-4BB1-B090-93BFA16DBB6B.jpeg

It's probably more the servo saver and not the servo. I suggest doing the C clip mod or buying adjustable servo saver.

Just did it to the wifes noto and it was like a totally different truck afterward. Might as well start doing it right out of the box

Not saying this is what you're seeing but I do agree with the servo saver being too weak for those tires.
I have a raw500 and I thought I wasted my money but it turned out to be the servo saver.

I ordered the Protek hi torque servo. I will report back once its installed.

You should check out the Vitavon steering rack...best on the market IMHO. Will go real well with that Reef's 500.
I was looking to order that next. I already have the vitavon hubs and have their new diff cases on the way. Do you have the vitavon rack? Is the spring tension adjustable for the servo saver?

I just checked the steering again. Servo saver was only ever so slightly opening when I was applying downward pressure on the front end. Under its own weight it will go full lock to full lock on a smooth floor but it sounds weak and slow. Once you lift it in the air its fast so I think I just need a more powerful servo. Cant wait to try out the Protek servo and the vitavon steering linkage. Maybe one of my buddies can use this powerhd servo.

I was looking to order that next. I already have the vitavon hubs and have their new diff cases on the way. Do you have the vitavon rack? Is the spring tension adjustable for the servo saver?
I've got 4 of them...LOL. I'm to the point where its a MUST HAVE on the builds I do. Yes the spring tension is adjustable (you can twist it up or down with your thumb) and it stays solid. I think Basherqueen makes one with a grub screw to lock in spring tension but she only sells the servo saver side and not the whole rack like Vitavon. Its buttery smooth and makes the front end a lot stronger. Definite upgrade over stock.

I've got 4 of them...LOL. I'm to the point where its a MUST HAVE on the builds I do. Yes the spring tension is adjustable (you can twist it up or down with your thumb) and it stays solid. I think Basherqueen makes one with a grub screw to lock in spring tension but she only sells the servo saver side and not the whole rack like Vitavon. Its buttery smooth and makes the front end a lot stronger. Definite upgrade over stock.
Awesome! Cant wait to get it. Too bad they take about 3 weeks to get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back