Kraton Took my Kraton exb for its first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very smooth

20220812_192826.jpg

20220812_192813.jpg

Very nice. I’ll probably end up getting that m2c chassis and braces. I should of just got the beefcake kit from the beginning. I have a Promodeler servo as well but testing out this protek right now.

So the Pro modeler is super quiet and smoother but Protek has yet to fail for a few years now. I have had a Pro Modeler burn up but could have been just pushed really hard. Sadly Pro Modeler has had bad customer service not to me but to a fellow rc guy on here. He shared the emails with me in dm and it was bad. I still go Pro Modeler for now.
And is yours the exb kraton? Because my PPS center differential mounts will not fit correctly. The owner is cool but due to personal life issues I gave up trying to solve the why as he kept sending me the same thing.

So the Pro modeler is super quiet and smoother but Protek has yet to fail for a few years now. I have had a Pro Modeler burn up but could have been just pushed really hard. Sadly Pro Modeler has had bad customer service not to me but to a fellow rc guy on here. He shared the emails with me in dm and it was bad. I still go Pro Modeler for now.
And is yours the exb kraton? Because my PPS center differential mounts will not fit correctly. The owner is cool but due to personal life issues I gave up trying to solve the why as he kept sending me the same thing.
Thanks for the info. I have heard much of what your saying. Never heard about the pps issues though. I do have an exb and mine seems to fit ok. What was wrong with the fitment? I had to shave the slightest bit off the body support and I had to add one shim to take some side to side play out of the diff.

Last edited:
If y'all are looking for a beast of a servo that won't break the bank? Try this. I've run a couple from this Co. and have zero issues with them.

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Waterproof - Programmable Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 RC Models, Control Angle 180°(A86BHMW)​

If y'all are looking for a beast of a servo that won't break the bank? Try this. I've run a couple from this Co. and have zero issues with them.

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Waterproof - Programmable Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 RC Models, Control Angle 180°(A86BHMW)​

Thanks but I love the servo I have.

35 kg (with the proper BEC) is where the Steering will be spot on and enough with 6s rigs. As long as your SS spring is tensioned properly. For its rated torque.
At some point, with much Higher Torque servos, the SS spring will end up having to be "Locked OUT". And that is just incorrect.(n)
I run DS3235 AMZ servos. Cheap enough. Plenty of grunt. These are basher rigs. Not precision track rigs. I no longer justify spending Beaucoup $$ on Servos. Been that route. From Futaba to Hitec to Savox's. Not necessary IMHO. Rather spend $$ on other more important upgrades.
Unless you want Servo bragging rights. Then Knock yourself out.:cool:

Last edited:
That looks really nice

On a side note. It's always funny to me to see people with all the nice upgrades, m2c chassis and etc etc. Then you look and see stock electronics 🤣. I know a lot of people here do it but it always cracks me up. I'm the complete opposite and I hardly upgrade anything but my motor and esc be on point.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I have heard much of what your saying. Never heard about the pps issues though. I do have an exb and mine seems to fit ok. What was wrong with the fitment? I had to shave the slightest bit off the body support and I had to add one shim to take some side to side play out of the diff.
What part exactly shave?
And I will try and explain my issue as any help from you all would be appreciated.
Issue is the exb center differential is longer by 1mm than the non exb version I believe and have a typhon to that it's center differential is just that. So with the complete PPS setup I only had 32mm to slide the diff down as shown in Pic one but need 33mm. The stock exb setup is 33mm but has one part that is plastic allowing some flex. PPS has zero flexibility. I measured everything, and the conclusion was that. 33mm is needed but his setup is giving me 32mm. The owner of PPS sent me multiple replacements to try and correct the problem and understood and confirmed he knows there is a 1mm difference in the models but everything he sent was exactly the same lol.

At that time about 5 months back I just gave up and had life to deal with.
Can you please take a measurement of the gap you have and did you get the complete pps motor mount setup?

20220228_092653.jpg

20220309_152709.jpg

Drop in the diff THEN tighten the screws under the chassis...?
What part exactly shave?
And I will try and explain my issue as any help from you all would be appreciated.
Issue is the exb center differential is longer by 1mm than the non exb version I believe and have a typhon to that it's center differential is just that. So with the complete PPS setup I only had 32mm to slide the diff down as shown in Pic one but need 33mm. The stock exb setup is 33mm but has one part that is plastic allowing some flex. PPS has zero flexibility. I measured everything, and the conclusion was that. 33mm is needed but his setup is giving me 32mm. The owner of PPS sent me multiple replacements to try and correct the problem and understood and confirmed he knows there is a 1mm difference in the models but everything he sent was exactly the same lol.

Can you please take a measurement of the gap you have and did you get the complete pps motor mount setup?

View attachment 235888

View attachment 235889

What part exactly shave?

View attachment 235888

View attachment 235889
I will measure later but mine had more then enough room. I actually had to add a shim. Is it the spacing on your chassis?
35 kg (with the proper BEC) is where the Steering will be spot on and enough with 6s rigs. As long as your SS spring is tensioned properly. For its rated torque.
At some point, with much Higher Torque servos, the SS spring will end up having to be "Locked OUT". And that is just incorrect.(n)
I run DS3235 AMZ servos. Cheap enough. Plenty of grunt. These are basher rigs. Not precision track rigs. I no longer justify spending Beaucoup $$ on Servos. Been that route. From Futaba to Hitec to Savox's. Not necessary IMHO. Rather spend $$ on other more important upgrades.
I tried a cheaper powerhd wh-30kg someone recommended and it was terrible. Maybe I got a dud but I expected much more. I love the protek so far. My servo saver is adjustable as well so as long as I set my End points correctly All should be good with a properly adjusted SS. My car may be labeled as a basher but I am going to run it on the track some. Why spend 200-300+ on a motor and esc but only 35 dollars on a servo?

I will measure later but mine had more then enough room. I actually had to add a shim. Is it the spacing on your chassis?

I tried a cheaper powerhd wh-30kg someone recommended and it was terrible. Maybe I got a dud but I expected much more. I love the protek so far. My servo saver is adjustable as well so as long as I set my End points correctly All should be good with a properly adjusted SS. My car may be labeled as a basher but I am going to run it on the track some. Why spend 200-300+ on a motor and esc but only 35 dollars on a servo?
Its hard to believe someone would recommend that servo for a 1/8 kraton.. its a good servo for smaller 1/10s!! 😎

The chassis spacing should be good as I installed the PPS on the stock arrma chassis and had the exact issue. Super odd to me that it does not fit but my Typhon center diff drops right.
Here is PPS installed on the new stock chassis

20220309_160719.jpg

The chassis spacing should be good as I installed the PPS on the stock arrma chassis and had the exact issue. Super odd to me that it does not fit but my Typhon center diff drops right.
Here is PPS installed on the new stock chassis

View attachment 235950
You also do no want to tighten the bottom bolts on the chassis till you get the top plate on and the screws started.

Absolutely disagree, these DS3235 are maybe enough for a slow 1/10th car but even then they are just terrible steering servos.
No power, no speed and durability is seriously lacking.
Maybe I am special in that regard, but driving a car with those servos takes all the fun out of it for me.

They just don't compare to a proper servo like an AGF-RC, Promodeler, Holmes Hobbies or even Sävox (which I am not a big fan of either).
Just get something like an AGF-RC A73BHLW and be done with it.

BTW, I really don't understand what your saying about the SS spring and servo torque?

If the SS spring is tight enough to turn the wheels with a given servo and you replace it with a higher torque servo, the wheels are still going to turn the same.
Sure, you might lose that "extra torque" but that won't matter because you already had enough torque to turn the wheels anyway...

And if the spring was to loose, then of course a higher torque servo is not going to remedy that because servo torque wasn't the problem to begin with.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you tried to say :)

I pretty much have the DS3235 in like 16 out of 19 rigs and it's been pretty damn good for me. Granted I don't have experience with much else but both stock and the other amazon servos I tried were definitely slower.

The DS3235 feels fast to me so I can't even imagine what faster feels like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back