Kraton Took my kraton for a break in run and...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So i decided to steal back the dumborc receiver from my typhon and put it back in on the kraton 4 charged 2 3s lipos and just went cruzing like what i was doing with the typhon. I have been just completly loving the typhon it has took so many bad landings and crashes and he is still alive and look spanking new. Right away i started having understeer wih the kraton on grass and it felt slow while before on 3s it felt fast maybe its just my brain. I started doing speed runs and it was randomly pulling on both sides once i completly lost it and just full braked hoping i did not smash another tree luckly nothing bad happened. I started doing amall jumps and i was not able to correct the car in the air and i kept nose landing. Idk what going on i started tuning the punch to 5 from 3 and i was scared for my new driveshafts to pop out(because god hates me) went back to 4. Going to tune the esc over again next time but i think this is the lemon on the coffin now if i don't find the kraton enjoyable im going to sell it taking that car just stresses me out thinking about diffs drivshafts motor mount chassi front bumper im babying the dam thing while on the typhon i don't give a fck on what im doing if i go from a dead stop to full throttle i know it will survive and nothing horrible is going to happen. Im not ssying the kraton is horrible but the bad luck i had with it just puts a shadow over me when i take the car out its not right to open the whole car everyday after 2 packs and touch grease..
Or maybe i was just not feeling well and anxious at that time going to give her another try when it stops raining
I hope when i get the tbone bumper its not going to be like before and feel more reasured

Last edited:
Shoulda got a losi Db pro?haha

In all seriousness just take a break from and come back later. A hobby should be fun not frustrating.
Im not frustrated about rhe hobby its the kraton that makes me nervous the typhon i enjoy it and im not scared. When you pretty much destroyed 100$ cad in motor mounts and 100$ on diffs before i got the hot rcing yoke it leaves a bad taste in your mount while the typhon is running showing the middle finger at everything he sees and has costed me nothing more than 370$ canadien

Bummer you’re having bad luck with your K4S. I had a bad streak of breakage for about 2 weeks. Issue was I had my slipper way too tight (.5 turns to 1.5 turns) since then, it’s been running smooth with about 15 4s packs in it. Had some bad landings and it’s been holding up.

Best of luck with your K4S. Hopefully you can figure out the issues and won’t have to sell it but I get it if it’s becoming a money pit and not holding up to your liking.

Nothing wrong with getting frustrated at the kraton, if the typhon is that much better for you maybe you should sell the kraton and put the money towards something else or some upgrades for that typhon. I did the same with my granite, I got frustrated with it and replaced it with something I liked more. Or shelve it for a while and come back to it later.

Nothing wrong with getting frustrated at the kraton, if the typhon is that much better for you maybe you should sell the kraton and put the money towards something else or some upgrades for that typhon. I did the same with my granite, I got frustrated with it and replaced it with something I liked more. Or shelve it for a while and come back to it later.
Teh typhon has everything already tbone racing front and rear bumpers big bore shocks bearings i might steal the motor mount of my kraton 4s to put on my typhon and buy a 16-17t idk yet mynonly complain is the typhon flies weird at times. I have 2 fixed motor mounts i could put on the kraton it runs a 15t so it would fit and get away with it with the front bumper protection now

How much would you sell the kraton 4? I don’t think you should give up on it. The 2 handle very differently right? You’ve only been accustomed to one style so far. Plus you are going back and forth between a faster reacting radio so that doesn’t feel good either.

How much would you sell the kraton 4? I don’t think you should give up on it. The 2 handle very differently right? You’ve only been accustomed to one style so far. Plus you are going back and forth between a faster reacting radio so that doesn’t feel good either.
No i keep switching the receivers to use my own radio i ordered the ds3218 pro to remplace the corless i have on my kraton too much slop i hope it does something its going to be here friday im slowly lossing interest on the kraton if another starts to wear down prematurely then im going to put it for sale remove my upgrades shocks motr mount i will leave the diff yokes there. Maybe put it for sale for 350 maybe because it has a new chassi new wing new body new tbone bumper new front shock tower new diffs so its pretty much a brand new truck almost with a lot of extras if someone who doesn't want to buy a new truck for 550$ cad and sees mine at 500cad then i think its going to get sold quickly. Or i could decide to trade it for an outcast 4s idk i don't want a granite or something smaller its like im going backwards in terms of performance
Or anything interesting i can transform my kraton 4s into?

No i keep switching the receivers to use my own radio i ordered the ds3218 pro to remplace the corless i have on my kraton too much slop i hope it does something its going to be here friday im slowly lossing interest on the kraton if another starts to wear down prematurely then im going to put it for sale remove my upgrades shocks motr mount i will leave the diff yokes there. Maybe put it for sale for 350 maybe because it has a new chassi new wing new body new tbone bumper new front shock tower new diffs so its pretty much a brand new truck almost with a lot of extras if someone who doesn't want to buy a new truck for 550$ cad and sees mine at 500cad then i think its going to get sold quickly. Or i could decide to trade it for an outcast 4s idk i don't want a granite or something smaller its like im going backwards in terms of performance
Or anything interesting i can transform my kraton 4s into?
I would do it soon if you are thinking about selling. The used market is going to get flooded pretty soon by all the people who recently bought new cars and found out its not for them. Right now it's a seller's market, pretty soon its going to be a buyer's market.

Whatever makes you happy man. I think if you get burnt out then it’s time.
Also I don’t think the outcast would be a good fit if you are unhappy with the K4s. They are basically the same except the outcast handles completely different in comparison :confused:

Last edited:
Sell it. It's cursed.
It is
Also I don’t think the outcast would be a good fit if you are unhappy with the K4s. They are basically the same except the outcast handles completely different in comparison :confused:
Less stress on the rear diff because short wheel base

I guess there is less weight due to shorter chassis? You have both right tires set ups right. Do the kraton and outcast tires feel similar in weight?

I guess there is less weight due to shorter chassis? You have both right tires set ups right. Do the kraton and outcast tires feel similar in weight?
They are similar i have the outcast tires on atm im thinking trying to get an used 6s or something else im not sure

Sell it. It's cursed.
That's how I felt about my kraton 6s v4... Sold that mf after a month lol ? ?
... Not true... I had all kind sof problems out of my kraton 6s v4... Sold it kept my notorious... No problems besides human error on landing bad breaking a few shock ends... Other than that I have no had one issue with my notorious 6s v4.... Love this thing ? ?

That's how I felt about my kraton 6s v4... Sold that mf after a month lol ? ?

... Not true... I had all kind sof problems out of my kraton 6s v4... Sold it kept my notorious... No problems besides human error on landing bad breaking a few shock ends... Other than that I have no had one issue with my notorious 6s v4.... Love this thing ? ?
Your Notorious and the K6S share like 98% of the same parts. Basically the Kraton is a long wheel base Notorious. Other than the chassis, the durability should be the same and I don't even think the shorter Notorious chassis is less prone to bending. I have a few that are bent.

@T3xasb3ast903 I was referencing the 4s outcast. But still as @bicketybam stated, there isn’t much difference other than length. This is true for the K4s & o4s as well as the two 6s. That being said I do not own any 6s cars. When that time comes my experience with my K4s has been great so I don’t feel the need to own a k6s. I’m torn between the talion/typhon/outcast or notorious in that order :ROFLMAO:

@T3xasb3ast903 I was referencing the 4s outcast. But still as @bicketybam stated, there isn’t much difference other than length. This is true for the K4s & o4s as well as the two 6s. That being said I do not own any 6s cars. When that time comes my experience with my K4s has been great so I don’t feel the need to own a k6s. I’m torn between the talion/typhon/outcast or notorious in that order :ROFLMAO:
There is a world of difference between a K4S and a K6S. Don't be deterred! But the Talion is a great choice ???

There is a world of difference between a K4S and a K6S. Don't be deterred! But the Talion is a great choice ???
Im pretty sure i can find someone who is willing to trade me for a 6s lol on facebook i saw a kraton v4 for 700$ cad and it sold in 2 days? they ask serious money for rc atm

@bicketybam haha trust me I figured the jump from 4s to 6s wasn’t just the only difference. Would you say though that the K6s is closer to the K4s than the talion? I feel the talion would fill the gap between the k6s and a typhon 6s as it’s sorta a combo of the two.

Plus I’m working on a limited budget. If I bought a kraton 6s, who here is going to help explain to the wife how don’t you already have a kraton really isn’t true. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back