Typhon Took my typhon 6s bashing for the 1st time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Took my new arrma typhon v4 bashing for its first time at the local park. I had so much fun blasting through a puddle of water, going through baseball fields, jumping off sidewalks and small hills, and I can't believe how good it is on the dirt.

Out of the box it's so much fun it makes me feel like a little kid again lol. I really love this thing! What shall I do after this first Wet run? It went through a puddle but not for an exaggerated amount of time. Thanks for all the input in advance.

What procedure do you guys normally take after a regular bash sesh with water, some dirt, mud etc.. What's everyone's cleaning process? I want to learn how to take care of this beast as much as I can. I already ordered some On-Road GRP Tires. Thanks for the recommendations! This Typhon really brought me back into the RC Hobby. Now its time for me and convince my friends to buy an Arrma too haha! Thanks in advance.

Took my new arrma typhon v4 bashing for its first time at the local park. I had so much fun blasting through a puddle of water, going through baseball fields, jumping off sidewalks and small hills, and I can't believe how good it is on the dirt.

Out of the box it's so much fun it makes me feel like a little kid again lol. I really love this thing! What shall I do after this first Wet run? It went through a puddle but not for an exaggerated amount of time. Thanks for all the input in advance.

What procedure do you guys normally take after a regular bash sesh with water, some dirt, mud etc.. What's everyone's cleaning process? I want to learn how to take care of this beast as much as I can. I already ordered some On-Road GRP Tires. Thanks for the recommendations! This Typhon really brought me back into the RC Hobby. Now its time for me and convince my friends to buy an Arrma too haha! Thanks in advance.

See if this helps, friend. Should find something in here that's useful. Nice to see that you having a great time with your Arrma rig. ?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-new-cleaning-solution-that-works.9280/

Thanks alot! I appreciate it I tried to look for something on the search bar but I guess I didnt look hard enough. Thank you
My pleasure. Sometimes search is tough to pinpoint what we need to find. I'm always willing to help link if necessary. ?

If you haven't already...
VENT
THE
TIRES

If you haven't already...
VENT
THE
TIRES
Thanks I actually took your advice from my earlier posts and did. Appreciate that! I'm curious if I have to vent the GRP On Road tires i ordered as well?

Thanks I actually took your advice from my earlier posts and did. Appreciate that! I'm curious is I have to vent the GRP On Road tires i ordered as well?
No. Don't vent the GRP belted tires. I haven't seen a reason to at all and often they could be already vented.

Thanks for the input it's always good to hear mixed answers and suggestions from experienced people. I'll look at some reviews on youtube and see what most People recommend as well.?

I have not vented any of my tires, no issues. What's the big deal with this urgency to vent tires out of curiosity?
Purely based on my experience with NOT venting. Didn't vent my Kraton tires and ran it through some mild puddles and dirt. After 10 runs had 2 flats bc foams were no more. Always checked tires and reglued as needed between run. The factory rim vents sucked dirt into the tires and running 6S and the ballooning had the same affect on my foams as sand paper on a wet sponge...no bueno!! So now I vent and have had no issues with premature tire replacement. I weighed the flat tires and they weigh 13.+ Oz versus 11.7 oz. The delta is dirt in the tire.

I love the extra protection the typhon buggy body gives the electrics and center diff. It won’t get too wet in there unless you go in deep. The new typhon looks killer with that red matte body and new tires. Have fun.
Jim

In terms of ballooning i’m Not sure how much it really helps to vent......from a water and muck perspective, yes. I didn’t vent the stock minokawa’s but did with the Backflips and ballooning is much the same.....true they are different tires though.

Last edited:
Venting on a 6s doesn't do too much for ballooning. The wheels spin faster than they can vent, but it is helps to keep water and the like out and help keep them balanced. If you have ballooning issues you can tape the inside of the tires, I haven't done this but my kid swears by it. Also thicker center diff. oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back