Typhon Took my typhon 6s bashing for the 1st time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Venting on a 6s doesn't do too much for ballooning. The wheels spin faster than they can vent, but it is helps to keep water and the like out and help keep them balanced. If you have ballooning issues you can tape the inside of the tires, I haven't done this but my kid swears by it. Also thicker center diff. oil.
Correct. Venting does nothing to prevent or reduce ballooning. It just allows any dirt or moisture inside the tire a quicker path out. The 2 "flats" I got on stock Kraton tires, that were not vented, were the front tires...go figure.

I have a full set of kraton wheels and tires that I can't run. I didn't vent them and ran in deep water a couple months ago. They have been sitting in the shop since then and are still wet inside. They weigh like a pound each. I know they are ruined, I just can't bring myself to throw them away. Haha

I have a full set of kraton wheels and tires that I can't run. I didn't vent them and ran in deep water a couple months ago. They have been sitting in the shop since then and are still wet inside. They weigh like a pound each. I know they are ruined, I just can't bring myself to throw them away. Haha
You can simply deglue them, replace the inserts, and glue them back on ??

You can simply deglue them, replace the inserts, and glue them back on ??
I would do that if it wasn't the junky stock v3 tires. I do like the rims though, maybe I'll try to glue up some new tires on them. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back