Took the plunge today, K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Got this an hour ago at the LHS....
HEAVY.
0E151033-C125-44CB-B1AD-888FCB29427D.jpeg

Damm that truck is HUGE! Congrats!

impressive in person ain,t they lovely truck bit too expensive for me

She’s a beast. I love mine and Im sure you’ll like that one.

Ya it’s certainly a nice engineering feat me thinks. Big and heavy. Got it home snugged up all screws, gave it a once over. At the moment I have no charger or batteries, next week give or take. Still on the fence about batteries. This will give me time to familiarize up close and personal.

I went to the LHS for diff oil for my stampede. I was pretty shocked to see this rig in a small hobby shop in Paris Ontario. Population 13,000......? Crazy right?
When I saw the box.......schwing! I told them I’d buy it but wanted to see if it was the 2020 styles, it was. Never noticed the new external cap pack in the latest RC media, guess I missed that.

I will run stock because it’s big and I’m new......

Thank you folks for your wealth of knowledge and breadth of information throughout these threads. It’s a huge help.

cheers,
Kev

Too wide for my bench, going to build a fold down peninsula to maximize working from both sides. The toe out on the front seems a bit much on the truck,....... do you guys phuck with the steering turnbuckles off the bat or would you suggest leaving them be?....I’ll prolly leave ‘em be for the time being unless I get better advice.
C8877E19-5F3E-4E52-A192-AC48646905B2.jpeg

cheers,
Stix Zidinia

Too wide for my bench, going to build a fold down peninsula to maximize working from both sides. The toe out on the front seems a bit much on the truck,....... do you guys phuck with the steering turnbuckles off the bat or would you suggest leaving them be?....I’ll prolly leave ‘em be for the time being unless I get better advice.

cheers,
Stix Zidinia

I felt the toe out was a bit much also, but when I actually ran the car properly it handled fine and in the end is fine.

had similar troubles with work space, built a small stand in the end which kept the base of the car solid for the hex wrenchesand allowed the wheels to over hang the desk surface.

Last edited:
Your OP pic really reveals the scale of that thing! It's HUGE!
And freaking heavy! You want to LVC near you car if you are out bashing ?

Enjoy it man ? ? ? check out the smc 8000 mah 100c 4s Lipos ik a lot of guys with the K8S that run those batteries.. Great punch and good run times on such a massive rc
I have these and they have been great so far ?
Btw: they are 75c not 100c

Thx all and thx to the last few posters regarding batteries. Will read up on those. Looking at venoms as well......the battery subject is a deep hole, what works for some here ....others have issues with.

I did manage to pick up 3 ammo boxes today in preparation, gonna work on those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back