Tool advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only got the dynamite nut drivers the hex drivers I got are called winrc buddy at hobby hobby swore by these hex bits said he used to have mip and this is all he uses now so I skimped on the hex bits and got a new charger lol now if I can only get my truck back I can use them and see how good they are

I have german allen drivers mostly from wera and wiha. They are really nice. I also have some from proto and bondhus which seem to be identical. They are cheaper but proven. Ive seen them last for 8 years at work being used everyday.

I got a cheaper Chinese hex set, but I'm upgrading soon. I'm kinda torn between Wera and MIP. I have experience with Wera, they make great precision drivers with other tips, and they are way cheaper than MIP. Everyone here seems to prefer MIP, and they are US made. Any thoughts from people who've used both?

I got a cheaper Chinese hex set, but I'm upgrading soon. I'm kinda torn between Wera and MIP. I have experience with Wera, they make great precision drivers with other tips, and they are way cheaper than MIP. Everyone here seems to prefer MIP, and they are US made. Any thoughts from people who've used both?
I think MIP is a hobby obsession. I've never seen these tools used elsewhere. I can't say if they are better or not because I have yet to pull the trigger on them. Maybe a more popular SnapOn vs Mip would be a better conparison. All I know is I have a solid fit and zero flex and have used them for a while so quality with Wera is definitely there. I'm kind of curious to know myself... Good question

both those options are top rated.. Another that I have found to be excellent is bondhus.

This is the set I bought

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0006O4AD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0006O4AD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had those... twisted the handle off the wrench on 3 of them. The hex part wasn't much better than the cheap L wrenches you can get for a few bucks at the hardware store.

MIP One of the best purchases I've made tool wise for the hobby. Sure they're a little pricey in the beginning but they don't strip your hex's and they fit like a glove. I use mine on a impact wrench when I'm taking out scrub screws on a pinion with out using heat and never any slippage. Also if they ever do strip they will regrind them for ya.

I bought a set of winrc hex wrenches and I cant complain I've used them a bunch and have nothing bad to say when these go I will probably go mip but for now they are pretty good

I had those... twisted the handle off the wrench on 3 of them. The hex part wasn't much better than the cheap L wrenches you can get for a few bucks at the hardware store.
Wow a little surprised.. this is what we use at work.. they have held up really well so I bought them for home..

I'm a big arrowmax fan have 2 whole kits I put together myself but i also have the mip 1-5 metric drivers and the quality is just as good as my arrowmax drivers although not as sexy to hold in my hand ...so if your worried about the price of mips try looking at the price of arrowmax kits you may not feel so bad when you do buy the mips lol

Have you come across wera 1/4 drive set that's cheaper then mip? Actually looking for the quick release 1/4 hex like mip has.
The only ones I've seen are these and they are twice the price of mip

How was that Swiss set?
Looks nice. There are alot of nice tool brands out there which confuses me when guys go nuts for the mip.

Fantastic. I completely ripped down my car and put it back together with them, no issues.

Looking back, I probably wouldn't even have bought the ball end ones. I just used the standard ones.

So yea- just the 3 normal ones would be MUCH cheaper than the MIP, and in my opinion better because I am not a fan of hard plastic handles.

Fantastic. I completely ripped down my car and put it back together with them, no issues.

Looking back, I probably wouldn't even have bought the ball end ones. I just used the standard ones.

So yea- just the 3 normal ones would be MUCH cheaper than the MIP, and in my opinion better because I am not a fan of hard plastic handles.
Cheapest I saw them was for $10 each on Amazon but they are $18 each in your link. $10 is about the same cost as wera and I love the wera handles!
Lmk if you know other brands that are good selling these

Lol it's just been one of those weeks for me. I don't know what the hell I saw either.... Maybe I put 3 in the cart instead of one by mistake. Ya definitely nice deal. I'd buy this if I didn't already have a set. Unfortunately they don't make a long hex bit like Mip does so I'm still searching for that

I have german allen drivers mostly from wera and wiha. They are really nice. I also have some from proto and bondhus which seem to be identical. They are cheaper but proven. Ive seen them last for 8 years at work being used everyday.
I just wanted to make something known...
Yes I have seen proto and bondhus last but the are used on softer stainless steel screws. Also there are alot of the hex drivers bent, so they wobble when rolled on table. And I've seen the ball heads round off.... The straight cuts last alot longer.
They are not bad but not the quality of Mip or wera, etc.

I have had good luck with ProTek Rc driver bits. I use them in a battery powered black and decker screwdriver. I like being able to switch between manual and power. They come in a set of 4 for around $30.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back