Tool advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I pulled the trigger on the Wera, just because of experience. I got ball and standard ends in four sizes for thirty one dollars.

Well I pulled the trigger on the Wera, just because of experience. I got ball and standard ends in four sizes for thirty one dollars.
Hell yeah, nice price. Where did you get them? One of the biggest things I really love about wera is there hard plastic/rubber combination handles. Comfortable and supply awesome grip when you wrap your hand around to tighten. Best tool handle I've used and I've tried many brands over the years between work and play

Hell yeah, nice price. Where did you get them? One of the biggest things I really love about wera is there hard plastic/rubber combination handles. Comfortable and supply awesome grip when you wrap your hand around to tighten. Best tool handle I've used and I've tried many brands over the years between work and play
KCTool.com

All the Kraftform hand drivers are discounted to about three fifty for standard ends and a little under six for ball ends. I didn't get a 5mm because the L wrench is plenty for the only place on the truck they're used. Five bucks shipping and it was thirty six dollars, delivered this upcoming Tuesday. ?

Oh, I also didn't get a ball end 1.5mm because that just sounds like asking for tool death. If I have any problems I'll replace with MIP just to try em and spend money US. I did get MIP nut drivers, because I don't feel they are as crucial as the hex and it's a spot I don't mind trying something I have no experience with.

Just purchased MIP hex drivers after some issues with my current hex drivers. What size, if any, do any of you recommend for ball end drivers? I understand to stay away from 1.5 but was thinking of getting 2.0 MIP ball end for adjusting droop screws. Any other than the 2.0

Just purchased MIP hex drivers after some issues with my current hex drivers. What size, if any, do any of you recommend for ball end drivers? I understand to stay away from 1.5 but was thinking of getting 2.0 MIP ball end for adjusting droop screws. Any other than the 2.0
2.5 might come in handy, that's what the 4mm button heads use. Will allow you to install motor mount screws, then lock them in with an L wrench.

Wait... those might be 4mm cap heads which use a 3mm hex... I'd get whatever one fits those, unless you have a v4 with the new mount that slides out or a hot racing sliding mount or the M2C mount.

2.5 might come in handy, that's what the 4mm button heads use. Will allow you to install motor mount screws, then lock them in with an L wrench.

Wait... those might be 4mm cap heads which use a 3mm hex... I'd get whatever one fits those, unless you have a v4 with the new mount that slides out or a hot racing sliding mount or the M2C mount.
Yes they use a 3mm hex and I don’t have a v4 although I have been thinking about getting the sliding motor mount from Jenny’s but other things keep popping up and it gets pushed back on the priority list,lol. Thanks for the input

Yes they use a 3mm hex and I don’t have a v4 although I have been thinking about getting the sliding motor mount from Jenny’s but other things keep popping up and it gets pushed back on the priority list,lol. Thanks for the input
I have the hot racing one. It's very nice to be able to change out a pinion in a couple minutes over the trunk of my car vs taking out the entire center line. Granted, once you figure out the gearing that works for you, you don't deal with it much, but while your figuring... it's a chore. Also nice to be able to adjust mesh if something doesn't sound right after getting out to run.

I have the hot racing one. It's very nice to be able to change out a pinion in a couple minutes over the trunk of my car vs taking out the entire center line. Granted, once you figure out the gearing that works for you, you don't deal with it much, but while your figuring... it's a chore. Also nice to be able to adjust mesh if something doesn't sound right after getting out to run.
I need three of em. Typhon gets messed around with most and a sliding mount would be huge. Then need a couple for Talion and Notorious. I've been holding out from buying the HR ones while I miss em at Jenny's... but soon enough I need to pull a trigger

Just an update on the Wera. The handle isn't beefy enough for my giant hands on high-torque stuff. So I got a couple MIP hexes, 2 and 2.5, for the tighter screws. I like the Wera tip design better, though I need that amber handle in a few spots.

Just an update on the Wera. The handle isn't beefy enough for my giant hands on high-torque stuff. So I got a couple MIP hexes, 2 and 2.5, for the tighter screws. I like the Wera tip design better, though I need that amber handle in a few spots.

This is the only thing i don’t like about them....the handle isn’t being enough. The MIP’s are the way to go.

I have the MIP hand drivers and bough the MIP Power Drivers today to give to the wife to give to me for my birthday....or she can give to one of my kids to give to me, I don't care. I'm kinda hoping she does otherwise she will buy me some stupid clothes designed for someone half my age

Usually the handle size is according to screw size. Although I would like the full size handles on everything as well. Basically it's easy to break or strip a small screw with the larger handle. With wera there's a technique to using that handle. If you put it in your hand and make a fist it fits really well and that's how I loosen a tight screw. The tip design is really nice as it bites on the hex. I use a combination of wera and wiha and power tools. There's really not a perfect tool for everything. I have yet to locate nice bits with mip quality and length so I might have to try them out
PS... My hand size is large.

Last edited:
I have the MIP hand drivers and bough the MIP Power Drivers today to give to the wife to give to me for my birthday....or she can give to one of my kids to give to me, I don't care. I'm kinda hoping she does otherwise she will buy me some stupid clothes designed for someone half my age
here’s secretly hoping your wife buys you clothes?

Usually the handle size is according to screw size. Although I would like the full size handles on everything as well. Basically it's easy to break or strip a small screw with the larger handle. With wera there's a technique to using that handle. If you put it in your hand and make a fist it fits really well and that's how I loosen a tight screw. The tip design is really nice as it bites on the hex. I use a combination of wer and wiha and power tools. There's really not a perfect tool for everything. I have yet to locate nice bits with mip quality and length so I might have to try them out
PS... My hand size is large.
20190508_190106.jpg

After work I primed my deck, moved fallen pine branches and mowed the front yard so all that mess stuck to me hands but the tool I don't use much is clean?.
I'm holding my spare 3mm.
The 2.5mm is same size, 2mm is the smaller one. Everything else smaller I have in wiha. I like the wiha alot with the spin tops for the smaller stuff. What size were you holding?
I think I only saw wera come in the micro size for the 1.5mm

After work I primed my deck, moved fallen pine branches and mowed the front yard so all that mess stuck to me hands but the tool I don't use much is clean?.
I'm holding my spare 3mm.
The 2.5mm is same size, 2mm is the smaller one. Everything else smaller I have in wiha. I like the wiha alot with the spin tops for the smaller stuff. What size were you holding?
I think I only saw wera come in the micro size for the 1.5mm
View attachment 37679View attachment 37680View attachment 37681
It's Kraftform Micro. All the drivers have the same handle. I had a few in my fishing reel tool bag and I like em for that so I got a full set shortly after getting my Outcast. They're nice, just not enough surface for high torque stuff. I got a 2.5 MIP in there for relevance.
20190508_194529.jpg

It's Kraftform Micro. All the drivers have the same handle. I had a few in my fishing reel tool bag and I like em for that so I got a full set shortly after getting my Outcast. They're nice, just not enough surface for high torque stuff. I got a 2.5 MIP in there for relevance.View attachment 37684
Yes kraftform but that's wera. I would buy those if I didn't already have the wiha. I like the mip but I'd only get the bits to fill the missing tools

yall still using wera? ive got several wera bits and drivers. they are ok but i think the fit is not tight enough in screws and will round out screws over time. the mips have a tighter fit and seem to be better. i also have a 2mm traxxas bit that seems to be as good as the mip. thought about trying the pb swiss because of the price, is the tolerance tighter in screws?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back