Tool advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Ok so I'm looking to buy some hex drivers and some nut drivers any suggestions on good sets and where to buy/order some for a decent price thx

The MIP bits are really pricey I think I'm gonna go with the EDS ones for now and give the wrists a work out lol thx's guys

The MIP bits are really pricey I think I'm gonna go with the EDS ones for now and give the wrists a work out lol thx's guys
They have power tips too:
https://www.team-eds.com/product-p/eds-500902.htm

Probably worth getting those and a cheap hand driver until you can get a decent electric driver.

Dynamite had a set as well, they were pretty good. I tried hudy and OFNA speed tips, they didn't hold up very well. MIP's held up the best. A buddy of mine had the dynamite set many years ago and they held up ok.

Tools are one of those things you pay a lot once, then don't worry about it again for many years. I've had my MIP's for 5+ years and have taken apart/put together many trucks with them.

We use these at work but I have never seen the price, ya ok there good and they last forever... BUT OMG do they cost a lot!

Xcelite PS120 11 Piece Compact Convertible Nutdriver Set

https://www.amazon.ca/Xcelite-PS120-Compact-Convertible-Nutdriver/dp/B0002JT7O4
Kind of pricey for what they are... $70 USD is still steep IMHO:
https://www.amazon.com/Xcelite-PS120-Compact-Convertible-Nutdriver/dp/B0002JT7O4

Their other stuff reminds me of the Jensen tool electronics/hex wrench kit I got when I started work at my company 20 years ago. Cost a lot, but tools were just normal quality tools. They weren't cheap throw away tools, but they weren't "$180 for a set of nut drivers" quality either.

You're right you get what you pay for....thing is there is so many options and sometimes the most expensive doesn't always mean the best that's why I like asking around what other people are using the proably gonna get the mip I was also already looking at the dynamite sets but they are really not that much cheaper then the mip and if the mip hold up better over time might as well spend the extra couple bucks
I think

Hobby Hobby in Mississauga carries MIP, and if they don't have them in stock, they'll order them in. Save you on shipping. You can buy online with them, and choose in store pick up. I've been buying online from the US, and it's hit and miss on which they tack on duty for. The exchange has been around 36% whether you buy through PayPal or direct. Factor it all in before you hit the purchase button.

Cool thx I'd rather walk into a shop and get them then order online
Call Hobby Hobby or AJ to see what they have in stock. Like I said, if it isn't, they'll order it in. Stick with MIP's though, you won't regret it.

AJ prices are hit and miss hes expensive on somethings and cheap on others just never know what I want even gonna check his prices on the notorious and thank God I did because he was almost 100 bucks cheaper then anywhere else I checked

I am proud to own MIP tools and the quality is very noticable.
Here's the details from their website, Speed Tips:

Tool Makeup:
  • Fits any 1/4" inch chuck handle or drill in order to speed up wrench time!
  • Tool hex cut with diamond wheel for ultimate precision
  • Tool shank CNC ground from US Grade tool steel drill blanks
  • Tight tolerances held within 20 Microns which is .02 mm and moreover .0008 in. ! To put that into perspective that's like taking a human hair and dividing it by 4 !
  • Every tool assembled by hand
  • Manufactured and packaged 100% in the USA
Accolades:
  • Highly regarded as the #1 Tool in the RC industry
  • 20 plus years of production
  • Used by World Champions and hobbyists alike around the World
  • Trusted wrench to get out stripped screws other sub par tools create

You're right you get what you pay for....thing is there is so many options and sometimes the most expensive doesn't always mean the best that's why I like asking around what other people are using the proably gonna get the mip I was also already looking at the dynamite sets but they are really not that much cheaper then the mip and if the mip hold up better over time might as well spend the extra couple bucks
I think

And to add to @crimsonfancy list, you can send them back to be re-ground.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back