Tool Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_BOLT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
What tool bag do you use to carry spare parts, tools, oils, and grease in? I don't have a work bench so I'm looking at a tackle box or a tool bag to put all the tools and spare parts in and also have it all organized.

I have a Keter cantilever toolbox I use for my bench and taking to the track. Fits everything I need but not sure how many spares and tools you're talking about. Fits my spare stuff in the top with springs, oils, temp gun, hexes, nut drivers, etc in the bottom. i "think" I have the 18" version. There's also a larger 22" and it's not too expensive. Round $30 or so I believe? Can't remember how much I paid for it but I'm pretty sure walmart and amazon carry them. I like that it has the separate compartments and you can remove them if necessary, and the remaining ones still don't slide around inside.
I really need to rip these traxxas stickers off this thing as well, lol.

2.JPG1.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does anyone use the plastic ammo boxes harbor freight carries to put batteries in

If they are plastic they are designed to stay watertight, not necessarily fire-proof. Not that your lipos are going to go nuclear on you, but better safe than sorry. I would think those plastic ones would just melt on you if you did have a battery go bad on you.

I have also been looking at Walmarts tote with handle and wheels to carry everything in one box for bashing and racing

I have the husky stackable ones, bottom has wheels, top is a cantilever stype that hold my charger and radio and little bits/tools bottom holds my truck

I bought this small tackle box because it's light and easy to carry in the trunk. Tools inside are always just the necessities for while I'm out bashing, and spare parts depends on what rig I'm using that day. In the background of the pic, you can see a cash box that I use to store my batteries while on the go. Not quite as good as an ammo box, but strong enough in case something should happen.

Attachments

• 20181212_021100 - Copy.jpg
    20181212_021100 - Copy.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 54
These days, I always take more than one truck, so if I break, I run another. I run both trucks regardless though until I start getting really stupid and do overly dumb stuff, then I switch trucks before I break and if I have a good day, I drive 40 miles to another skate park and run a few packs there as I keep a 2x12A/2x150W charger in my car all the time.

I do carry a small plano type parts box with various screws/nuts/bolts/washers and odds/ends as well as a small tool back with my hand tools I use for RC. My wife just got me a new tool bag that's larger for my "to go" bag. I usually keep my small tool bag on my workbench and use what I need as I work as well as a typical tool box with large tools in it. The small tool bag I carry in my truck bag has RC specific stuff in it. Glow plugs/heaters for nitro, header gaskets for nitro, glow wrench, wheel wrench, Losi metric allen hand tools, side cutters, small channel locks, cresent, vise grips, standard and phillips and a wratchet hand wrench with metric bits in the handle. I also have a small box with zipties in it and velcro straps now that I run electric.

I used to take parts with me back when I had just one truck, but not really anymore.

For parts at home, I have those stackable drawers with wheels full of parts for each truck... or brand of truck. I need to clear out a drawer because my traxxas drawer needs more room.
2018-1027-WorkBench01.jpg

The skinny stackable is 6 drawers, all full of stuff. The wide stackable is 3 drawers, also full of stuff. The bottom two shelves on the 5 shelf thing in the corner is one shelf of tires, one shelf of nitro fuel and other stuff.

Basically, half my office is truck stuff and half the closet in the office is also truck stuff. If I ever move... it's going to suck.

Came here to ask about this Haha

What do you guys use for home organization, not necessarily for transportation?

Same boxes listed?

I want something I can seperate vehicle parts in, store tires, tools, etc but still fit on a shelf if possible

Came here to ask about this Haha

What do you guys use for home organization, not necessarily for transportation?

Same boxes listed?

I want something I can seperate vehicle parts in, store tires, tools, etc but still fit on a shelf if possible
If you want something that can sit on a table but still works great for mobility, fishing tackle boxes are great! You can pick from a variety of sizes with and even bigger variety of storage. Mine is sitting on the table next to me, and I have a lot of my stuff in there most of the time. If you want parts organizers, Home Depot and the like have great little sliding tray boxes like this:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.30-drawer-storage-cabinet-yellow.1001052034.html
Lot's of variety in sizes here as well. The big bin drawers, like the one's you see in the picture above your post, are great for larger parts like tires and the like. Customize your space to your liking, as you'll probably be spending a fair amount of time there;)

Yeah, I use those parts boxes you can find in the fishing area at walmart or whatever. The one I keep in my truck bag is loaded up with many screws, washers, nuts, pins, wheel hexes, springs, exhaust gaskets, ball ends, turnbuckles... stuff that rattles loose or breaks easily. The one on the far right is what I keep in my bag. The tool bag on the far upper right is also what I take.
2019-0201-PartsBoxes.jpg

For big parts, I just put them in the stackable drawer things I posted up earlier. All these boxes go in one of those drawers as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back