Tool questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Trying to get together a some tools to work on my incoming Kraton. I have read the tool sticky. I'm trying to start this as cost effective (not necessarily cheap) as possible.

My plan is to get the MIP metric hex bits (9512) and put them in one of my Klein handles with a 1/4" hex end. This way I have the drivers or bits all in one. Saves me from buying the MIP drivers as well. This should work, correct? Any issues I'm not thinking about?

Maybe, just maybe, a possible second set for your travel tool bag? I personally like using the same tools at home or if I'm at the bash spot if at all possible. ?‍♂️

Edit: Sorry I don't like having to switch tools back and forth, possibly forgetting to bring a tool with this session, possibly losing/forgetting a tool at the bashing spot... So if possible I'll buy some duplicate tools just for that reason

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe, a possible second set for your travel tool bag? I personally like using the same tools at home or if I'm at the bash spot if at all possible. ?‍♂️

Edit: Sorry I don't like having to switch tools back and forth, possibly forgetting to bring a tool with this session, possibly losing/forgetting a tool at the bashing spot... So if possible I'll buy some duplicate tools just for that reason

For now I'm just going to have one tool bag that I'll be able to bring out with me when I go. This will also keep the RC tools separate from all my other tools, which is plenty.

For now I'm just going to have one tool bag that I'll be able to bring out with me when I go. This will also keep the RC tools separate from all my other tools, which is plenty.

Im not sure which rigs your running but the driver bits you refer to do not reach the axle stub screws on the 4s line.. just a thought if in fact your running a 4s arrma rig...

The Turnigy's are well priced and have lasted me well, best of all you can replace the tips for about $2-4/£1-3 just incase you ruin one...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-v2-series-metric-hex-drive-set.html

I have the same Turnigy kit. They have done me well too. Only thing I don't like is they have like zero grip on the handles. I don't know why they made them so slick.

I too have the MIP metric hex bits and highly recommend them. Well made and tight fit in the screws, sometime too tight but that's better than the alternative. Just make sure they are in the screw head all the way before turning.

Good idea @JtkBrew having handles for the mip bits. Wish I had of thought of that.

I use MIP's at home with a milwaukee M12 driver and PB Swiss bits in a generic ratchet handle in my tool bag for when I go bashing. I also have my old losi 1.5,2,2.5,3 wrenches in my field bag. When I get home, my field bag goes on my workbench, but I still primarily use the MIP's at home.

Before the PB Swiss, I got one like this for my field bag thinking it was 1/4" drive:
https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Products-Metric-Driver/dp/B07RQQDBPB

It isn't. It's smaller, so I never use the stupid things as the wrench handle is too small for my old hands to get a good grip on.

Then I got one of these 2 speed ratchet handles:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPMJMNN

And wished it had a locking bit holder on it... so I got one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078XKM3N9

Then the stupid thing was too long to fit in my tool bag and I couldn't zip it closed. So, I cut the holder hex as short as I could and JB welded it into the handle... now it barely fits, but fits and the PB Swiss bits fit in the handle.

Seems everything is a battle. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back