Tools and parts organization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I recently got back into RC after not having one for awhile and I have parts and tools scattered. I need to get organized and want to see what you guys have for storage. I have a lot of cabinets and tool storage in my garage but those are full and its too hot in there to work on RC's. Although I may end up insulating the garage and making an RC work space. Currently I have a bench in my office and that is what I have been using.
Look forward to seeing your work spaces.

I use theses. Helps out wonderful. Able to grab parts directly from what's labeled.

Screenshot_20220804-202829_Walmart.jpg

I have a few 27 gallon storage tubs from Home Depot. A few are for wheels/tires and I use labeled gallon zip lock bags for each car I have and parts that come off/or are specific for that car. I have one tub for bashers and one for crawlers.

I keep all my RC specific tools in a sliding drawer tool chest.

3F4321C1-D35E-4142-B46B-E3F7892A021B.jpeg

Yea, those plastic bins work great. Stackable and different sizes available. Get a nice little tool stand for the main ones you use, too. You can also make some pvc tire holders. 👍
20220712_100038.jpg

20220522_160627.jpg

20220721_164516.jpg

Most commonly used items. Tools, hardware, spare servo and such items I use an old plastic coffee container. Easy to keep on the workbench or throw in the car when heading out.

For the work bench I keep spare bulkheads, diffs, shock/diff oils and larger items like this in an old fishing tackle bag. Works good and move around if needed very easily.

A tire rack made from PVC pipe and fittings, why have I never thought of that? Great idea.
Thanks! Works great and can make em for different size tires too! 👍
I need to label my sh*t. I'm a mess. I start working on stuff and stuff goes flying into another drawer as I digging through one drawer. I have drawer inception going on over here.
Yeah, I'm a little OCD when it comes to being organized. 😂🤷‍♂️

Thanks! Works great and can make em for different size tires too! 👍

Yeah, I'm a little OCD when it comes to being organized. 😂🤷‍♂️
I’m OCD when it comes to working on stuff, hence the reason my time for organization is put on the back burner. I do eventually find what I’m looking for though. Lol

Interested in seeing what people are using as well. Am currently revamping my hobby/maker space and my related tool setup so i'm definitely looking for ideas. My current plan involves repurposing a Husky Tool Chest w/ wood worktop that i'm gonna move from the garage, and i'm supplementing that with some Milwaukee Packout boxes and organizers for a mobile tool setup as well. Here's the start to the Milwaukee Packout setup. Bought the boxes/organizers the other week but haven't yet started setting them up and organizing them:
IMG_9497.jpg

Plan to also make a wooden worktop with some 3D printed feet that will click into the the Packout mounts on the top so it can also serve as a mobile workstation if needed.

Last edited:
Love the tire rack. How does it attach to the wall?
Thanks!!

Just drilled two small holes through the pipe and secured with a screw. I could only hit one stud, but it works. I've also got 2 on the back of my desk. Those I used bolts with washers/nuts.
20220721_164450.jpg

They will start to get loose and droop, so I'm gonna put a small L bracket under each end to hold it up. Eventually I'll just glue the pipe connections so they don't slide/move, but just want to make sure I like the set-up/size 1st. Just made em a couple weeks ago. 😁 Cut em all to length, hung em from an old clothes line and rattle canned it! 😁 Took a lot of coats.

I'm a big fan of jerry rigging low tech solutions to high tech problems. I love recycling and repurposing items for "off-label" use. For example:

I made a pinion rack for my 5mm pinions from a segment of swamp teak:
1659677387387.jpeg

For my lipos I got a munitions box off Amazon and for tools and parts I repurposed a 35 year old tackle box.
1659677489904.jpeg

Thanks!!

Just drilled two small holes through the pipe and secured with a screw. I could only hit one stud, but it works. I've also got 2 on the back of my desk. Those I used bolts with washers/nuts.
View attachment 234010

They will start to get loose and droop, so I'm gonna put a small L bracket under each end to hold it up. Eventually I'll just glue the pipe connections so they don't slide/move, but just want to make sure I like the set-up/size 1st. Just made em a couple weeks ago. 😁 Cut em all to length, hung em from an old clothes line and rattle canned it! 😁 Took a lot of coats.
I love the idea. Just curious, but did you properly degrease them before spraying them? Shouldn't take more than 2-3 light coats.

This makes me feel a lil better about having a shelf of cars and my work table basically in the "dining" area of our apartment. Who has dining tables these days anyway? :ROFLMAO:
What is dining?

I'm a big fan of jerry rigging low tech solutions to high tech problems. I love recycling and repurposing items for "off-label" use. For example:

I made a pinion rack for my 5mm pinions from a segment of swamp teak:
View attachment 234015

For my lipos I got a munitions box off Amazon and for tools and parts I repurposed a 35 year old tackle box.
View attachment 234016

I love the idea. Just curious, but did you properly degrease them before spraying them? Shouldn't take more than 2-3 light coats.
I am the same way. This took 10 mins and was put together with scrap 2x4’s under the workbench.

3AB07A82-E072-4119-88AA-8235BC6FB3FD.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back